JP no longer sell's stripped Receivers

Warpig

Active Fanatic
According to Eric JP is no longer selling stripped receiver's, Apparently quick profit is more important to them than future business and clientell , Still selling uppers and still advertising receivers but not selling receivers .Guess they make more money on entire uppers??But I can't afford the upper all at once so they won't be anymore of My money, already almost a grand already!!!!!!!!Parts which I will probably be selling soon . Hey Eric ,tell Your boss You just lost a customer who was looking to build several JP rifles in the future but wont be building one now. And wont be spending several thousand on JP stuff . Now Your competitors will get it .Guess You guy's already have enough customer's???? and Money. Dissapointed Former Future Customer. Next time I'll listen to everyone when they say, not JP. GO Lancer or LOKI

Spiff

Semi-Pro
I'm not really sure why you're so angry about this, but it's kind of amusing. Maybe they're busy and have a limited number of stripped uppers like everyone else in the industry?

Warpig

Active Fanatic
I'm upset because they advertise what they dont have or sell, I relied on what they were advertising in my decision to build a JP rifle just to find out after purchasing almost a grand worth that they dont have or will no longer sell the rest. Does this not make sense to You? What if I told You I'd sell You an entire car a few pieces at a time ,then after you've bought half I'll tell You I dont have the rest or cant sell it to You,would this not bother You? I would understand if they werent still advertising stripped receivers but they are ,and in fact I even spoke to them over a week ago by E-mail and informed them of My plans to purchase a upper receiver and even then I was not informed that they wont sell one.I still have the e-mail. Kinda like false advertising isnt it to advertise what You dont have or wont sell . Tell them to quit advertising stuff they dont sell and I wont be upset. Wanna buy a barrel kit,low mass bolt carrier EZ trigger,handguard,low mass buffer,silent captured spring or a JP scope mount???????

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I know you may have had your heart set on a full JP build, but after you take a breath and the frustration goes away a bit all of those parts you have will work on another manufacturer's receiver. If you decide to go with LOKI receivers for example, there's no problem using all of those parts you have & making a kick ass rifle out of it.

Calm down & Take a breath.....It sucks but it's not a total loss.

Like Austin was saying, they're descision to stop was most likely based on the same problem that the rest of the industry is facing, parts availability. They more than likely had to stop sales of the receivers so they'd have enough to build they're own products.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
My guess is that they are doing it for warranty and repair issues. JP does some pretty cool reliability and accuracy enhancements to their guns when they build them. I bet their repairs go way up on guns that customers build on their stripped uppers and lowers.

They can also control the fact that someone can buy a uses JP and know it is a factory built gun not a home roll.

silver star

Well-Known Fanatic
Does this include the stripped CTR02 milled upper and lower set?
I have been gathering JP certificates all year to put toward that very item.

Warpig

Active Fanatic
Yes,I know Your right but it still sucks. I may end up with rifle that I will still be pleased with even if it turns out to be a Frankengun,but all the anticipation just kicked Me in the backside .Really wanted a JP, never even shot one but all I've been told and read had Me excited , Maybe I'll sell a couple of others like Feegee keeps telling Me and just buy the whole thing. Not REALLY upset with JP, just venting some frustration bout My situation . SUKS being broke LOL . thanks for the consolation though Tony

jtischauser

Build your frankengun on the cheap and put the low mass JP stuff in it. It will run and shoot as good as a JP then save up for a full CTR-02. I am of the opinion that everyone should have the pleasure of owning a JP at some point in their life.

Warpig

Active Fanatic
Yes it does , thats what I was going to buy CTR02UR or the set ,upper and lower. sorry. Took Me some saving too .

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
i have a loki with jp trigger and jp gas block and low mass, i could not be happier... the loki barrels are light and top notch...

Warpig

Active Fanatic
Hey Micheal J, if Your still wanting a CTR02 upper lower set get back with Me and I'll tell You where to go. only 5 more in stock though

Warpig

Active Fanatic
Spiff and Wall were correct about the lack of parts in the industry,I was contacted by JP and they explained the reason for not selling their receivers right now ,simply being high demand for rifles and lack of receivers for parts, I didn't realize business was that good I guess . They were extremely good people though and even went so far as to offer to refund My money for the part's I've bought thus far .And to do what they could to help Me with My situation. WOW They also told Me that they may in the future be able to again sell stripped receivers but did not forsee when. Meanwhile, I was able to get apparently extremely lucky in finding and purchasing My new JP receiver set from one of their Dealers who is shipping in the morning . Now I'm happy

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Glad it worked out for you Marc, all it took was a couple of deep breaths :D

SgtDave

Well-Known Fanatic
They may have the same problem that SVI did with people building a gun from their parts and selling it as a factory gun. Brandon got tired of people sending guns to him for warranty work that were built from parts and not in the SV factory so he quit selling frames. There are about 2 builders that he will still sell frames to and that is all. DSG arms list JP receiver sets for sale on their site.

Marv Zuidema

Well-Known Fanatic
I got the last CTR02 upper Midway had. I got a JP 18" barrel kit and handguard from Brownells, and the low mass carrier and captured spring from Shooters Connection. The barrel kit comes with a headspaced bolt and adjustable gas tube. I don't see how i can screw it up putting it together. I did break down and order a complete CTR02 lower from JP last week. So I"ll have a complete CTR02 for about $500 less than retail, although it's not factory assembled. The upper is on on my Spikes tactical lower right now and I'll see how it shoots tomorrow. Nice forum here, I followed Jessie over from Enos. Glad to be a member!!!

jtischauser

I got the last CTR02 upper Midway had. I got a JP 18" barrel kit and handguard from Brownells, and the low mass carrier and captured spring from Shooters Connection. The barrel kit comes with a headspaced bolt and adjustable gas tube. I don't see how i can screw it up putting it together. I did break down and order a complete CTR02 lower from JP last week. So I"ll have a complete CTR02 for about $500 less than retail, although it's not factory assembled. The upper is on on my Spikes tactical lower right now and I'll see how it shoots tomorrow. Nice forum here, I followed Jessie over from Enos. Glad to be a member!!!

Welcome to the forum. Make sure you check out the member giveaway section and the contingency threads.

Latest posts