JP LMOS with a CTR stock?

Bentsight

Well-Known Fanatic
I've got a new build operational and now I'd like to make it faster. It has many top tier light weight/go fast parts included that were suggested from this and other forums. I'm now looking at the JP LMOS (bolt, buffer, spring and GB) to reduce the recoil impulse. Does anyone run this with the CTR stock? I like the ability to change the stock length for the COF and don't really want to give this up if it requires a full length stock unless there is a day and night difference between this and the factory BCG/buffer setup.
Thanks in advance.
Mike

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
The buffer used in JP's LMOS is a rifle buffer, it will not work in a CTR. But, you can use a carbine buffer instead. This is what I'm doing with my ACS stock. I've not verified it, but while researching it, I read that the LMOS rifle buffer is the same weight as the std. carbine buffer. Even if that's not the case, there will be very little difference in those 2 buffer weights. The weight savings comes mainly from the carrier. The adjustable gas block is tunable to work with any buffer you choose, so no biggie.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Yes just run a carbine buffer and your good to go. The concept behind the JP low mass buffer is just lighter weight which is exactly what you will be doing with a carbine buffer. JP claims the low mass buffer weighs 3 oz. so stick your carbine buffer on the scale and see how it measures up.

http://www.jprifles.....php?item=JPLMB

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
JP claims the low mass buffer weighs 3 oz. so stick your carbine buffer on the scale and see how it measures up.
Yep, but I don't currently have a scale that will measure ounces. The one I used for my weed got confiscated :D .

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
I saw on a website on the interwebs - DPMS Standard Carbine Buffer weighs 3.4 oz - according to a scale similar to the one Tony had confiscated...

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
Then I found this.....

23807027647606165080.png

29039823663374074859.jpeg

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Sweet, I knew I'd seen that they were the same, just couldn't find where.

I wonder if I can weigh "other products" at the post office. :D

Bentsight

Well-Known Fanatic
That thread hyjack should have come with a warning...Now I've got to clean diet coke out of my keyboard!

Thanks for the info guys, really apprecieate it.

Mike

Latest posts