Jesse made Outdoor Life Magazine

dennishoddy

Was just reading OL, got to the recreational shooting section.
It was about tips for shooting in the dark.
It included three pics of the midnight 3-Gun match put on by Crimson Trace.

One of the pics was Jesse. Had to look hard, but finally saw his name on the jersey.

This is a pic of a pic, but Its all I've got

bame6yza.jpg

dennishoddy

Jesse Tischauser said:
I don't think i have ever seen outdoor life. Is it in wal mart ?
LOL, its been around for about 50 years or so.

Its the December-January issue. I'll send it to you if you can't find one locally. They have revamped the mag, and always have something about competition shooting in it now. They call it recreational shooting. Glad to see them talking about 3-gun, and using the gear to make a point to the readers about the gear to use in the dark, and how it relates to real life.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
If the pages are stuck together I don't want your copy.

Oh yeah I remember reding OL in the library at school. Some woman emailed me and a few other shooters following the match asking for some quotes. I guess that's her article.

dennishoddy

They will only be stuck on the hunting pages that show pics of big bucks! (don't get the big head and think your one of them.)

I left the issue at work, but I'll be back there in a week and a half. It was a guy that wrote the article. I should have posted his name.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
I used to love reading OL. In my teens Jack O'Conner was da bomb! That's why my first rifle was a .270 Winchester and why I still hunt with a .270 bore. .270WSM these days.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Jesse Tischauser said:
I've never heard of either of these two guys. Must not be in YouTube or Facebook. Seriously who are they?
O'Conner was the editor back in the 70's. McManus is a writer [humor] that always appeared on the back page of Outdoor Life magazine. He wrote about childhood stuff that everyone who grew up hunting/camping in the 60's and 70' related to. He has several books out too. Really funny stuff.

I guarantee Dennis knows Pat McManus

dennishoddy

Oh yeah. McManus was one hell of a writer. Like you said, you could relate to every one of his story's just like he was doing a biography of the stupid tricks and dumb things you did yourself when growing up.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
dennishoddy said:
Oh yeah. McManus was one hell of a writer. Like you said, you could relate to every one of his story's just like he was doing a biography of the stupid tricks and dumb things you did yourself when growing up.
This is McManus to a tee. He made you think you were there or had been. I really miss all the old writers, O'conner, Pat McManus, Skeeter Skelton, Bill Jordan, Jeff Cooper.......

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
dennishoddy said:
LOL, its been around for about 50 years or so.

Its the December-January issue. I'll send it to you if you can't find one locally. They have revamped the mag, and always have something about competition shooting in it now. They call it recreational shooting. Glad to see them talking about 3-gun, and using the gear to make a point to the readers about the gear to use in the dark, and how it relates to real life.
Can you post a picture of the cover? I was paging through the dec/jan issue at the airport this morning and didn't find anything but hunting and fishing.

Latest posts