Jeff Soward Wheelchair Fund

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
A fellow BoomerShooter, Jeff Soward, was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis back in 2001. He has struggled with it off and on since that time. Jeff lives in Oklahoma City with his wife and three sons. To quote a recent Facebook post of Jeff’s “MS Sucks.” No one will argue with that statement.

Jeff often relies on a wheelchair and he is in need of a new one. Wheelchairs are expensive and Jeff recently placed ads here to sell some of his guns to pay for a replacement, which also sucks.

As a community of shooters, I wanted to be able to express our support for Jeff and his family during these tough emotional and financial times. I have set up a campaign at www.gofundme.com to raise money for the purpose of assisting (see link below) Jeff in his purchase of a new wheelchair. Hopefully we can raise enough to pay for one completely or at the very least, assist him and his family with the purchase.

Jeff is aware of our campaign, but he did not ask for it, nor would he. No amount of money will change Jeff’s circumstances, however, a little bit of support and financial relief can go a long way in showing a friend that we want to do whatever little bit we can to help.

God Bless

http://www.gofundme.com/jeffsoward

jeffsoward

Founding Member
I told Burk earlier;

It’s one of those things; I’ve never been embarrassed about my handicap, just about help. It’s a pride thing. If I could do it, even if I have to sell a gun or two, I just did it. I never wanted to ask for anything from anyone because there are more deserving people out there than me.

I really do appreciate it. I don’t want you, or any of the others, to think that I don’t. Pride is one tough pill to swallow.

I have always tried to take care of issues that have arisen, not wanting to ask for help. Thanks to all of you guys. I am humbled and honored.

warmest regards,
J

Dustin Cantrell

Well-Known Fanatic
Threw in a little. My grandmother was diagnosed with MS 25 years ago. She's had her ups and downs over the years. Hope enough is raised for you to buy a new wheelchair, and hope more that you won't need it much.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Also, everyone who has Facebook or Twitter, remember to click on the "Share" button on the web page so all of your friends and followers will see it as well

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
I have found that the shooting community tends to band together on these kinds of things as well. That's one of the things I love about shooting. Some of the best people you will ever meet, will be at the range.

Jeff, I hope you get to feeling better.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
Wow, overshot the goal in a day.

I vote that you spend the extra money on spinnaz for your new chair.

Ridin%20Spinnaz.gif

or, you know, bills

jeffsoward

Founding Member
I saw that. Still in shock over it. It does allow me to get a new Roho cushion too. Mine is old and has some holes in it. I was planning on spraying some Flex Seal on it to try to get by for now.
I absolutely hate dealing with the insurance company on this crap. First time getting a power chair, it got kicked back five times, so we just bought it ourselves.
If it weren't for people like you all, I'd be up a creek.

thanks again to everyone.

rhodesbe

New Fanatic
MS Sucks. I guarantee you Jeff Soward is tougher, works harder, and has more heart than I do every day just by hanging in there against such a bastard disease.

Latest posts