Jake Knotts - Kick His Arse Out

John Canuck

Well-Known Fanatic
As to voting, I don't know if selecting a straight R ticket (for those inclined to do so) gives anything to JK, but I would steer clear of that path unless someone knows how that works better than I do. Unless you like your politicians corrupt and anti gun that is....

WorkingTommyC

Fanatic
John Canuck said:
As to voting, I don't know if selecting a straight R ticket (for those inclined to do so) gives anything to JK, but I would steer clear of that path unless someone knows how that works better than I do. Unless you like your politicians corrupt and anti gun that is....

Just to be clear:

NO ONE SHOULD VOTE STRAIGHT REPUBLICAN--IT'S A VOTE FOR JAKE KNOTTS!

He got his buddy Jean Toal and the rest of the SC Supreme Court to get her kicked off the primary ballot because he knew he was going to lose. He's counting on straight ticket zombies to pull the lever against Obama and not paying attention to his being on the ticket.

I pray to God that enough folks in Lexington County have woken up and are now paying attention enough to vote petition candidate for Katrina Shealy.

John Canuck

Well-Known Fanatic
Senate 23 (7 of 37 precincts reporting)

% Votes
R Jake Knotts* 42.76 2732
P Katrina Shealy 52.28 3340
P David Whetsell 4.96 317

11/6/2012 at 20:50

John Canuck

Well-Known Fanatic
It's tightening up.

Senate 23 (25 of 37 precincts reporting)

R Jake Knotts* 44.06 8589
P Katrina Shealy 50.91 9924
P David Whetsell 5.03 981

11/6/2012 at 20:00

John Canuck

Well-Known Fanatic
It's probably safe to call this one. :D

Senate 23 (35 of 37 precincts reporting)
Jake Knotts* 43.88 14271
Katrina Shealy 51.24 16662
David Whetsell 4.88 1587

11/7/2012 at 03:00

WorkingTommyC

Fanatic
Victory is sweet!

But this isn't the only person who needs removing. We've got a long way to go to get rid of the good ol' boys and their built-in mechanisms of corruption.

We need to end straight party ticket voting options. Voters need to work at least a little harder than that.

We need to run candidates against EVERY incumbent. No more free rides.

We need to end the hold the general assembly has over the judiciary that, BTW, enabled Knotts to get his bizarre rulings that threw 250 candidates off the primary ballots. We need to directly elect SC Supreme Court judges, have the rest appointed by the governor and approved by the legislature, and then have every one of them subject to an up or down vote every four years. That way the voters can kick them out if they misbehave. If they get kicked out, they're no longer eligible for that seat.

We need to get rid of the Budget & Control Board or anything similar (as they've attempted to put in place while still claiming reform) that allows the legislators to avoid voting on big spending while engaging in massive spending and corruption through their influence on that board.

We need term limits.

We need to end ALL retirements for ALL elected offices. We need to end them even for those people currently drawing those retirements. Screw them! It's a part-time job and they don't deserve squat for retirement. Let them go on welfare.

We need voters to pay more attention at all times and be ready, willing, able, and even automatically inclined to dump these crooks from office.

WorkingTommyC

Fanatic
Ah, you beat me to it! I was going to post that. Great article. The fact that the libs are melting down over it is GREAT!

Latest posts