IWB Holster recommendation

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a SIG 226 9mm. I did my first carry and found out my blackhawk serpa does a horrible job. Luckily it was raining and gave me and excuse to wear a light jacket for cover but I do not want to rely on a cover garment especially in the summer months. I am looking at a crossbreed super tuck but saw that comptac has the mtac which looks similar. Has anyone used either of these? What would you recommend.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I have a couple of Crossbreed Mini Tuck holsters for my LCP and LC9. They are nice! I tried the microtuck but only having one clip it moved around too much.

nikatkimber

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm not fond of kydex clips. I had a CTAC when I had my 4" 1911, and it worked great... other than the clips. Unfortunately, I have to leave my piece in the car on a fairly regular basis, and in the summer it's hot enough in OK to soften kydex. Other than that, the hybrid style holsters work excellent.

I have a Bianchi 120 IWB and Bianchi 125 OWB/IWB now.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
CTAC all day err' day.

If you have to get a hybrid, get a MTAC. Some thought actually went into the design instead of "HURF BLURF LET'S JUST BOLT SOME KYDEX TO A SHEET OF LEATHER" like Crossbreed, White Hat, and all the other shitty clones.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Post up some links. I bought the cross breed cause I saw it on TV so I figured it had to be the best!

Jonathan Waits

Well-Known Fanatic
I ended up getting the Old Faithful, they have a 30 day love it or your money back guarantee and are pretty cheap assembled at Big Boys, but you can get the U-Mold it kits for cheaper.

I have an M&P 9c though, so it might conceal better just based on that, but for the size that is, I like how deep the old faithful rides.

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks guys. I am seeing the general consenses is the MTAC over the crossbreed. I like the horsehide option on the crossbreed since I have been know to sweat heavy but the finished back on the MTAC looks much more comfortable

Latest posts