It's about to get fun! maybe

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
It has been YEARS since I have worked up loads for a rifle as all the rifles I had completed years ago and the loads were worked up and proven BUT I find it's time to spend some time at the loading bench with some 223. Bought some new powder or new to me called CFE223 from Hogdon, ordered a buttload of 55gr FMJ's and a couple hundred 53gr A-Max's to just see what I can do with these goodies. I'll let everyone know how things pan out.

If anyone has messed with this powder I'd like to hear your results might save me a little time. Later,

Kirk

Dustin Cantrell

Well-Known Fanatic
Let me know how it works out for you. I'm starting to load .223 and have 55 grain MG FMJs and Varget and H4895 to load with. Probably should have picked up different powders to try, but I'll give them a go.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Dustin around 25.5gr of that Varget should make you happy! like always work up your loads. I've probably loaded 20# of RL15 in the 223 and for the most part Varget and RL15 will interchange, my little brother loads Varget and I load RL15 exact same powder charge and his loads ar 15fps faster. Later,

Kirk

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Oh hell Jake I've been loading since 1978 and I don't think you can get enough powder in a 223 case to do anything bad UNLESS it's HP38 and we won't talk about that! let's just say that load wasn't sub-sonic. I do hear this powder is supposed to get some stupid velocities but I guess time will tell cause ya know I'm supper safe and would never push anything :triniti: Later,

Kirk

Latest posts