It's a sad day in America folks

Schultz

Well-Known Fanatic
Truly sad, We need to get this fool out of office so Obozocare can be repealed. I bet someone got to Roberts, Chalk him and the other supreme idiots as traitors IMO.

This pretty much say it all.
575769_394505717272814_1165666475_n.jpg

thebrasilian

Well-Known Fanatic
Now what?
Couple of options:
Win the Senate and more of a majority in the House. Then the law can be repealed and a veto can be over-ridden.
Win both branches (President and congress). Smooth sailing for repeal.

If those fail?
God help us.

Parhams0508

Well-Known Fanatic
I personally love people running my life, telling me what to do and when to do it. You know, the whole Roman Empire was ran on slavery, and it did quite well, didn't it?

/sarcasm.

Schultz

Well-Known Fanatic
What I find amusing is that they are calling it a tax while Prez Obozo is saying it's not a tax. :roll:

LiveFreeorDie

Well-Known Fanatic
My own pseudonym should tell you how I truly feel, so don't misinterpret, but....

The right, and this country, is done for. It's now only a matter of time until the slow decay and degradation of this nation ends in anarchy. The liberal progressive left has so successfully enslaved enough lazy Americans, illegal immigrants, and other "special" classes of folks, that they constitute the majority vote (50+%) and will never vote to end their dependency on the almighty government for their salvation. Nevermind that in time, and soon, the money to pay for everyone else's salvation will run out, but when it does, it will the conservative's fault for failing to continue to finance cradle to grave care. This POTUS has just secured the next election, and could be re-elected for forty more terms (never mind the Constitution-that's not stopping them now...). It's all over but the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

carsontech

Well-Known Fanatic
?But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case it is unfit to exist.?
? Lysander Spooner, No Treason: The Constitution Of No Authority

John Canuck

Well-Known Fanatic
For those inclined to feel better with some silver lining, at least they got the commerce clause part right. Expanding congresses power to regulate under the commerce clause would have been much worse.

A small celebration can take place at the protection of the first amendment by getting rid of that stolen valor nonsense.

LiveFreeorDie

Well-Known Fanatic
But John, that's nothing but semantics and hyperbole. They rationalized it by saying it was essentially the same as a tax, therefore it's constitutional. That opens the door for taxation of anything, even failing to do something, or calling it a mandate and relying on the SC's ruling that a mandate is equivalent to a tax. Circular illogic, but has the same effect of being "the same difference". There is no victory here. Only tragedy.

John Canuck

Well-Known Fanatic
LiveFreeorDie said:
But John, that's nothing but semantics and hyperbole. They rationalized it by saying it was essentially the same as a tax, therefore it's constitutional. That opens the door for taxation of anything, even failing to do something, or calling it a mandate and relying on the SC's ruling that a mandate is equivalent to a tax. Circular illogic, but has the same effect of being "the same difference". There is no victory here. Only defeat.

My statement has no resemblance to hyperbole. Look the word up.

Call it semantics if you like, and don't consider it a silver lining if you choose not to. I still feel it a good thing that the power to control under the commerce clause is limited. If you feel otherwise, that's ok with me.

No argument from me on the door being open to tax anything. I would say it was already open and they just slithered through it.

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
wow, it seems like those jefferson types were dealing with the exact problems we are.

hhmmmm didnt they fight a war against the tyrants?

LiveFreeorDie

Well-Known Fanatic
Holy Toledo, Batman. Swiss, let us know how your visit from Secret Service goes for you. Or, if we don't hear from you for awhile, we'll assume it didn't go well.

That's just wrong on so many levels, I ain't touchin' that with a 50 foot pole. NOT a cool story this time, bro.

LiveFreeorDie

Well-Known Fanatic
Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary: hyperbole-extreme exaggeration. My thesaurus might list a better word, but I was 'trying' to say that it's an extreme exaggeration to rewrite the mandate as a tax, when Congress deliberately avoided selling the mandate as a tax, until they argued the case in front of the Justices, which was dishonest and misleading. Not arguing with you John; we're on the same team here. I wholeheartedly agree that the failure of the mandate was great for the country. I'm only distressed that they can tax and accomplish the same thing. Are we cool, you and I?

That's an awesome Thomas Jefferson quote hammer, thanks for sharing.

John Canuck

Well-Known Fanatic
LiveFreeorDie said:
Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary: hyperbole-extreme exaggeration. My thesaurus might list a better word, but I was 'trying' to say that it's an extreme exaggeration to rewrite the mandate as a tax, when Congress deliberately avoided selling the mandate as a tax, until they argued the case in front of the Justices, which was dishonest and misleading. Not arguing with you John; we're on the same team here. I wholeheartedly agree that the failure of the mandate was great for the country. I'm only distressed that they can tax and accomplish the same thing. Are we cool, you and I?

That's an awesome Thomas Jefferson quote hammer, thanks for sharing.

Totally cool. It's adult discussion where ideas get shared.

So, I think this is a good decision. You see, now that this is a tax, we can simply start by untaxing it.

Here is a quote from someone much more knowelegable than me. Randy Barnett is a law professor at Georgetown.

Today's decision validates our claim that a Congressional power to compel that all Americans engage in commerce was a constitutional bridge too far. By rewriting the law to make it a "tax," the Court has now thrown ObamaCare into the political process where the People will decide whether this so-called "tax" will stand. And the People will also decide whether future Supreme Court nominees will pledge to enforce the Constitution's restrictions on the power of Congress. ?

So, it's up to you now. Who will vote for those that will uphold the constitution first and foremost?

Latest posts