Is switching from a G35 to a G34 worth it?

jhenke

Well-Known Fanatic
I have been shooting local club matches for about 2 years now. I run a Glock 35 in Limited 10 (I live in NY). Would the 34 be a better choice at this point? I'm very comfortable with that frame. Is the lighter recoil worth the change or would the major/minor scoring negate any benefits?

gng4life

Active Fanatic
No, you can make some great Major loads that are close to the 9 Minor loads and the scoring differential is more favored with Major. Stay with Major and tune your loads. What do you shoot now?

jhenke

Well-Known Fanatic
I shoot factory loads now. I haven't started reloading yet. Maybe when I have more time to shoot more matches than my schedule allows, I can start.

Micah, I'm not getting your fail troll comment. I can only load 10 here on NY. So, with a 34 I could run production or L10. Not trolling, I was serious.

I'm pretty new and you gotta start somewhere.

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty
Lim 10 minor makes very little sense. At least with a 140mm magazine you get 3-4 more rounds with 9mm. It's a huge step backwards. Factory 40 in a 35 is just fine for limited or L10.

A 34 is a great production gun though, and the division is IMO a great concept.

35 for L10 and the 34 for production is really the best way to go.

jhenke

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks technetium-99m. That was kinda where I going in a round about way. I'll probably just stick with L10. Not much of an option shooting in this state.

Rockon71385

Founding Member
gng4life said:
No, you can make some great Major loads that are close to the 9 Minor loads and the scoring differential is more favored with Major. Stay with Major and tune your loads. What do you shoot now?
Maybe your major loads are batter than mine, but I notice a HUGE difference when I switch from 170pf to 130pf loads. I've never felt a major PF load that could be mistaken for minor. After shooting major for a few months, minor feels like you're shooting a .22LR

If you're reloading, the G35 is a great gun for production, limited, or L10. Shoot .40 minor for production and .40 major loads for limited or L10. 180gr .40 caliber loads at 130pf feel super light, even more so than 147gr 9mm loads IMHO. Instead of L10 minor, just load some light .40 loads and shoot production. You still get the lighter loads and the 10rd mags, but EVERYBODY is scored minor so you're not dealing with the scoring differential.

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
Add a heavy brass magwell to soak up some recoil. Build a load yourself. With 200gr projectiles you can have a soft shooting .40 major load.