Is it Legal in Oklahoma?

LuckyDucky

Well-Known Fanatic
Ron J said:
So ... The TAC-13 from Remington has a 13" barrel. To be a shotgun according to 21-1289.5 it has to have a barrel of 18" but not to include any barrel less that 18"?

The question is ... if I test this and get a TAC-13 will I get raped in prison? Call me straight ... but I really don't want to go to prison (no matter how good Taco Tuesday is) and I REALLY do not want to get raped.
I never got raped when I went to prison.

Of course, it may be because I just went on a tour.

Ron J

Fanatic
I remember Mike Tyson talking about how someone tried to rape him when he was in prison. To this, my late father was a LEO in So. Cal. and I remember an early "father-son" talk ...

"Ronnie?"

"Yes Dad."

"Son, you don't ever want to go to jail, understand why?"

"Yes Dad. Because that would mean I did something wrong."

"No ... It's because you will get raped."

That said, I don't want to raped for a gun I don't really need and have been trying to talk myself out of.

ChrisC

Revolver Division
Atwood's in McAlester has a couple of the Mossberg's on the shelf.

Yeah state statue looks pretty clear but I'd still buy one if I wanted one. Federal statue is pretty clear. The ATF classifies it's differently. I think you would be fine unless you robbed a liquor store with it.

But I'm also not a fan of prison sex....

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

ChrisC said:
Atwood's in McAlester has a couple of the Mossberg's on the shelf.

Yeah state statue looks pretty clear but I'd still buy one if I wanted one. Federal statue is pretty clear. The ATF classifies it's differently. I think you would be fine unless you robbed a liquor store with it.

But I'm also not a fan of prison sex....

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
The state laws about knives has been changed as well for the better.
There was a length of blade limit back in the day, yet you could go to walmart and buy a fillet knife in sporting goods that was in excess of the state law.

wgm2011

Well-Known Fanatic
First time I ever saw a Mossberg Shockwave was at a pawn shop in Oklahoma. I questioned the legality (I did not know about the "its not a shotgun, its a firearm" stuff) and was told that there was no law in Oklahoma that said you could not have one, but he also advised maybe they needed someone to get arrested before it could be settled.

Came back to Texas and checked with my LGS. This was early June and they had several Shockwaves in stock. Texas Legislature had addressed this and passed a law in May that allowed possession but the new law would not go into effect until Aug 1st. So they had them but would not sell them.

I picked mine up about 9AM on the first and headed straight to the range.. Though I don't understand why, the Texas dealer advised that putting the Shockwave under a trenchcoat (concealing it on my person) changed the status of the firearm in the eyes of the law, so don't do it.

Turns out they are not as much fun as I thought they would be.

dennishoddy

Flatland Shooter said:
First time I ever saw a Mossberg Shockwave was at a pawn shop in Oklahoma. I questioned the legality (I did not know about the "its not a shotgun, its a firearm" stuff) and was told that there was no law in Oklahoma that said you could not have one, but he also advised maybe they needed someone to get arrested before it could be settled.

Came back to Texas and checked with my LGS. This was early June and they had several Shockwaves in stock. Texas Legislature had addressed this and passed a law in May that allowed possession but the new law would not go into effect until Aug 1st. So they had them but would not sell them.

I picked mine up about 9AM on the first and headed straight to the range.. Though I don't understand why, the Texas dealer advised that putting the Shockwave under a trenchcoat (concealing it on my person) changed the status of the firearm in the eyes of the law, so don't do it.

Turns out they are not as much fun as I thought they would be.
I would imagine the recoil would be pretty brutal with a full load of 00 buck.

wgm2011

Well-Known Fanatic
dennishoddy said:
I would imagine the recoil would be pretty brutal with a full load of 00 buck.
I believe the Shockwave is rated for 3" shells. Take someone you don't overly like to the range and hand them a box of Prairie Storm to shoot. A dollar says they won't make it through a box.

I've quickly worked my way down to the Winchester AA Super Light (970 fps) shells. Tolerable but still not fun.

Ron J

Fanatic
That is why I am leaning to the Remington TAC-13. The reviews I have read all said that it is pretty tame with buckshot or slug due to the action being semi-auto.