Is it just me being weird??

Slapshot

Fanatic
I hope nobody takes this the wrong way but I just signed up from the other forum and I feel like a kid whose parents got divorced and I'm splitting time at each ones house. I'll be the first to admit that I'm clueless about a lot of the inner knowledge that goes on but I did notice a change over there the last few months. The postings seemed to slow down but I chalked it up to nice weather and people not spending as much time online. It's also seems like everyone is a little testier if that's a word. No real reason for the post I just wanted to engage the Fanatics a little and see if anyone else feels the same.

KS95B40

Well-Known Fanatic
I don't see it that way at all. I still post on and enjoy both.

Back with the divorce metaphor; get to see both parents at two different houses with a place to eat and sleep at both.

Good break for everybody.

fieldgrade

Well-Known Fanatic
I used to post on one gun forum a couple of years ago. Ownership changed to a corporate entity that wasn't necessarily 2A supportive, so I started posting all over the place. I still advertise stuff for sale/sell/cell/sail there/their/they're for the same reason they are able to sell all those eyeballs to their big advertisers.

Last edited:

awp101

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm here for the free goodies! Wait, not everyone got that message? Never mind...:eek:

Actually, it's a great big internet and there's room for 2 great 1911 forums. As I said in another thread, unless one goes full on GT or arf, I'll post on both as the mood hits me.

I tend to chalk up posters being testier than in the past to the general change in the way people interact and the additional pressures of life that seem to be the norm now. If something went on behind the scenes, it didn't involve me and that suits me just fine.:D

LPRoad

Active Fanatic
I'm just checking the new posts on both now. I didn't notice any real difference on the other site, just figured more is better.

ZoidMeister

Well-Known Fanatic
Oh yeah, fergot . . . . . . . . .

@welcome.gif

1911Fanatics . . . .

yoda-lift-zoid-output-jpg.1183

Slapshot

Fanatic
Yes. You are weird.
Yeah you're probably correct... I've never really been able to stick with any other forum for some reason. AD just seemed comfortable to me and for whatever reason I jumped in with both feet. I've tried other gun forums, car forums, etc... but I always lost interest pretty quickly unless I was researching a particular subject. I've got no problem belonging to both but it seems kind of redundant.

azpoolguy

Well-Known Fanatic
Yeah you're probably correct... I've never really been able to stick with any other forum for some reason. AD just seemed comfortable to me and for whatever reason I jumped in with both feet. I've tried other gun forums, car forums, etc... but I always lost interest pretty quickly unless I was researching a particular subject. I've got no problem belonging to both but it seems kind of redundant.
Everything is getting redundant now a days. I see the same gunsmiths post the same picture to their personal FB page, Business FB Page , IG Page and three 1911 forums. I just look where i want and avoid the rest.

KS95B40

Well-Known Fanatic
Joe Besser is available . . .

Or Shemp. He hasn't been around in years. Who is claiming to be Moe?

I've always enjoyed the the Three Stooges. Brothers Moe, Curly and Shemp Howard and Larry Fine.
True comedy worth watching again and again.

Joe Besser aka Curly Joe was the only Stooge that I just never really liked.

ZoidMeister

Well-Known Fanatic
I've always enjoyed the the Three Stooges. Brothers Moe, Curly and Shemp Howard and Larry Fine.
True comedy worth watching again and again.

Joe Besser aka Curly Joe was the only Stooge that I just never really liked.

Ah, Stooges trivia.

"Curly Joe" was actually played by Joe DeRita. Joe Besser was just "Joe".

Five in total.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
I spilled mustard on my shirt, dang blasted!!
What are we talking about? We've got a new member! Wooohooooo and welcome:)

As far as the other site, lots of new people lately and they don't have the "family" attitude we've had there. I'm sure the ones that only want to fer sell, sail, sale, cell they're, their, there items will not hang around long.

Latest posts