Is a Browning Hi Power a 1911?

Oldfart

Fanatic
great pistol
Agreed, was my first handgun back in 1967. It had a very heavy trigger out of the box but the gunsmith at my club fixed that. So it went from over 13 lbs to 3.5, had something to do with the magazine trigger disconnect. I still own it and everyone that has shot it compared to other HPs comments on its great trigger.
It also has never failed to feed or eject any 9mm round from hard ball to hollow points to reloaded lead wadcutters.

One fail due to old military surplus, steelcase split.

DRD

Fanatic
Your question has been answered I love my 1911's; however, I have had a Hi-Power for years. Love the looks. As mine has been fired very little, I'm considering sending it to Slide & Cylinder for tuning and a few other mods. It may ruin any potential collector value, but who cares. It's okay to love multiple guns, my gun therapist says so!

BIGDAVE101

Well-Known Fanatic
latest pistol.... followed me home...

still like the Browning hp, but sold it for daughters wedding.... 10 years ago... still sad...

Attachments

• 17589-DEFAULT-l.jpg
    17589-DEFAULT-l.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 6

Kevin Rohrer

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I own both and love both. But they are different pistols, and the older 1911 has a better trigger.

What I do like about my Gunsite .40cal BHP is the slightly smaller size, lighter weight, and slightly larger mag size, which I like for CCW.

BHP.jpg

Tactical Rico

Well-Known Fanatic
Porschelover47:
I would recommend Don Williams of the Action Works for any HP gunsmithing.........
or any other gunsmithing for that matter...

TR

Latest posts