IPSC Rifle Match - OKCGC - March 26th

slemmo

Well-Known Fanatic
mike_pinto said:
Also, the 300 yard shooting positions are standing, kneeling, sitting and prone.
that's some serious shooting...I'm glad I'm not there.....hehe

Jesse Tischauser said:
I love Backwards Cowgirl

I am glad you posted that dual bipod video a few months back. I am going to give it a go this weekend.
What about 4 bipods, one for each shooting position!

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
slemmo said:
Of course, but I'm lazy. I prefer my 300 meter stages lying down :p
So do we but Kurt and Mike still find some joy in punishing us with seated and unsupported kneeling positions. I bet 50% of the shooters zero that stage. We shot it in a 3-gun match at 100 yards a year or two ago and nobody shot it clean. I'm anxious to hear the results and reactions.

silver star

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
So do we but Kurt and Mike still find some joy in punishing us with seated and unsupported kneeling positions. I bet 50% of the shooters zero that stage. We if it in a 3-hi match at 100 yards a year or two ago and nobody shot it clean. I'm anxious to hear the results and reactions.
Let's make it fun Jesse,
I'm 260lbs and arthritic.
You use 2 bi pods
I use 1 bi pod & one mono pod.
Since you are in a betting mood,
I bet you $100 I beat you on that stage.
Are we joyfully having fun yet?
The 300yard up down thingy

jtischauser

Michael J said:
Let's make it fun Jesse,
I'm 260lbs and arthritic.
You use 2 bi pods
I use 1 bi pod & one mono pod.
Since you are in a betting mood,
I bet you $100 I beat you on that stage.
Are we joyfully having fun yet?
The 300yard up down thingy
I don't think we gotta get back up do we?
$100? That's it? Lets race for pinks.

p.s. Im using 2-bipods and a tripod

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Dang fella's it's ONLY 300 yards!

This is going to be fun! actually shooting a rifle not just hosing targets up in your face is going to be a freakin' blast! not often folks have to actually think about a shot other than just get a couple hits on a target and call it good, shoot from positions other than just standing and running around in a bay or going prone, actual real world shooting positions that no one seems to practice. There's a good chance I shoot shitty but ya know what WHO CARES! at least we get to shoot something different than the same ol' same that gets boring.... one of the main reasons I don't shoot 3 gun anymore. Later,

Kirk

dennishoddy

Just had to make a couple of windage adjustments at 300 yds. The coyote rifle sure doesn't like Hornady 55 grain spbt, the the same bullet in the Sierra game kings brings it right in.
View attachment 11177

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458928658.951150.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458928658.951150.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 20

silver star

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm to attached to my race gun.
But if we are talking about my 71 Monte Carlo that I have had for 42 years against your Stingray, well...NO!
Let's put a decimal after the "1".
But don't ask me to spot you 5 seconds if we do not have to get back up. Ha!

I don't think we gotta get back up do we?
$100? That's it? Lets race for pinks.

p.s. Im using 2-bipods and a tripod

wav3rhythm

Well-Known Fanatic
I spend the extra money for the TulAmmo 55gn hollow points for better accuracy. Glad I did after seeing all this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
60ec31991ea0ccc1a5b337156e91eaa2.jpg

jtischauser

Kirk Smith (ksmirk) said:
Dang fella's it's ONLY 300 yards!

This is going to be fun! actually shooting a rifle not just hosing targets up in your face is going to be a freakin' blast! not often folks have to actually think about a shot other than just get a couple hits on a target and call it good, shoot from positions other than just standing and running around in a bay or going prone, actual real world shooting positions that no one seems to practice. There's a good chance I shoot shitty but ya know what WHO CARES! at least we get to shoot something different than the same ol' same that gets boring.... one of the main reasons I don't shoot 3 gun anymore. Later,

Kirk
Real world positions would be more like Missionary and wheel barrow or Flying Dutchman with this crowd.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Oh well it is what it is BUT I've been waiting for an all rifle match for some time now and sorta interested in this IPSC rifle stuff, not as interested as I am in PRS or LR but this should be fun. Have to thank Pinto and Miller for getting this together I know there has been talk for awhile about it and well boys and girls looks like it's here. Later,

Kirk

Latest posts