IPSC Rifle Match - OKCGC - March 26th

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Sounds like a good thing I just got 500pcs of brass preped :) the Dillon is going to be busy the next couple of days BUT I'm looking forward to this! let's just hope the oil patch doesn't have any oopsies and I get called in :( Later,

Kirk

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
These smaller targets, are they shooting from a support or is it offhand?
I'm going to try to make it to the range this afternoon to get some practice in with smaller targets at a distance and I'll set up the V drill for close up transition.

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
They are from support. We shot them off-hand, and they are just a little too tough for a local match. The 4" round plates are at 110 yards, the 5"x8" are at 142 yards and the mini colt speed steel are at 126-131 yards. There is a full size popper and a drop turner at 105..

The V Drill will not be beneficial for this match. Just sayin.. Take a target, cover about 70% of it with a no shoot, put it at 25 yards, and shoot it leaning 40 degrees, with half of your optic ocluded. That should get you closer.. :)

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
mike_pinto said:
They are from support. We shot them off-hand, and they are just a little too tough for a local match. The 4" round plates are at 110 yards, the 5"x8" are at 142 yards and the mini colt speed steel are at 126-131 yards. There is a full size popper and a drop turner at 105..

The V Drill will not be beneficial for this match. Just sayin.. Take a target, cover about 70% of it with a no shoot, put it at 25 yards, and shoot it leaning 40 degrees, with half of your optic ocluded. That should get you closer.. :)
Will do, Thank you.

Ryan Groves

Well-Known Fanatic
mike_pinto said:
They are from support. We shot them off-hand, and they are just a little too tough for a local match.
There goes couples hours practice spent shooting 4" steel off-hand at 135 yards... Jk, was good practice, learned some good techniques, it was ridiculously hard but doable with practice, I'm sure not going to complain to use a support for the match.

Are the poppers going to be spring loaded 'auto-poppers' or knock down? We were shooting the spring loaded auto popper at 135y and was hard to call shots, we would call them then go down and see a lot more hits then we'd called.

What time and at what bay are you all starting shooting on Friday? Going to try to shoot Friday so I can be at the orientation Saturday morning but might have to work a little Friday, still waiting to hear from boss on that.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
mike_pinto said:
They are from support. We shot them off-hand, and they are just a little too tough for a local match.
That's good range mastering right there!!!

mike_pinto said:
The 4" round plates are at 110 yards, the 5"x8" are at 142 yards and the mini colt speed steel are at 126-131 yards. There is a full size popper and a drop turner at 105..
That sort of information distribution is great match directing!!! Well done Mike.

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
Ryan Groves said:
Are the poppers going to be spring loaded 'auto-poppers' or knock down? We were shooting the spring loaded auto popper at 135y and was hard to call shots, we would call them then go down and see a lot more hits then we'd called.

What time and at what bay are you all starting shooting on Friday? Going to try to shoot Friday so I can be at the orientation Saturday morning but might have to work a little Friday, still waiting to hear from boss on that.
All steel will fall. In-fact, all steel must fall to score. We will reset and paint between each shooter (and not with wal-mart $.50/can paint). We have black backers up behind the steel thats painted white.

I can't answer your timing question. We are going to go out and place stands, props, etc on Thursday and then put in sticks and targets on Friday morning, and then shoot. Come on out around 9:00 and we should be just about ready to shoot something. I am guessing we will start at the long range stage so we can get out of there and have it available.

Ryan Groves

Well-Known Fanatic
mike_pinto said:
All steel will fall. In-fact, all steel must fall to score. We will reset and paint between each shooter (and not with wal-mart $.50/can paint). We have black backers up behind the steel thats painted white.

I can't answer your timing question. We are going to go out and place stands, props, etc on Thursday and then put in sticks and targets on Friday morning, and then shoot. Come on out around 9:00 and we should be just about ready to shoot something. I am guessing we will start at the long range stage so we can get out of there and have it available.
Awesome, Thanks Mike. Appreciate the quality work your putting into this match and the flexibility offered for those with the orientation. I'm planning on coming out to watch and help reset/run the match as needed on Saturday after orientation is over. Really looking forward to it!

bigred200e

Fanatic
Would anyone have a rifle that they wouldnt mind loaning for the match? I'm in OKC for work, and didn't bring a rifle, just a handgun. Obviously, I would be buying quality ammunition.

Thanks,
Levi

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
bigred200e said:
Would anyone have a rifle that they wouldnt mind loaning for the match? I'm in OKC for work, and didn't bring a rifle, just a handgun. Obviously, I would be buying quality ammunition.

Thanks,
Levi
Text me, I may be able to hook you up

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
bigred200e said:

Thanks,
Levi
Definitely Send em a PM

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member

Thanks,
Levi
Are you registered yet?
Find out who you'll be squadded with & we may be able to find a rifle.

What division Irons or optic?

Pinto,
Is RDS irons or optic for this match?

Latest posts