Introduction

Max Kingsley

New Fanatic
Just saw this request for an introduction so here we go. I am Retired LEO/military and LEO/federal civilian 1811. Today (30 Sep 2020) is my last day as a federal employee with one of those 3 letter agencies very few people know about. A total of 46 years serving our great nation. Began shooting at 8 years old with a 22 semi-auto and a Winchester Model 94 30-30. Didn't really start shooting handguns until college as a law enforcement major at San Jose State University in the early 1970's, we had our own indoor range. Mostly shot .357 and .38 Special revolvers at the time. Enlisted as an MP in the Army in 1975, issued a 1911 rattle-trap that shot marvelously, dead on in Army qualification. Moved to MP Investigations, issued a .38 Colt snubnose, lightweight but easy to control for a 23 year old. Moved to Army CID a couple of years later, issued a S&W model 10 in the 2" barrel, carried that until we were issued Sig Sauer 9mm in early 1990's. Shot the S&W well, never really liked the Sig. Retired, went to work for a federal IG, issued a Sig again, only shot at qualification range. Shot well but never really liked it. Deployed to Iraq in 2003, carried the Sig and an M4. Fortunately no firefights. Moved out of the IG into an operational support/senior management position, no more official carry. Started shooting a lot of Black Powder, competitions 3 times a month, lots of fun. Got into collecting Colt BP, 2/3rd generation. Started to acquire other guns. First 1911 was a Kimber Target II. Great shooter. That got me into collecting more 1911s in .45, 38 Super, and a few in 9mm 10mm. Now retired (again, as of tomorrow) and have too many toys according to my wife. Shot my two favorite 1911's yesterday, my Wiley Clapp CCO and my Dan Wesson PMC in .45. Very accurate and good handling despite their small size and limited magazine capacity. That is about it, I continue to target shoot when the wife lets me out of the house and enjoy shooting with my son when he can and still competitively shoot BP, both rifle and pistol.

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Welcome from northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.

Pierre

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome aboard...looks like you sent a lot of lead down range...

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome to the site & greetings from SE MI..
+ congrats on reaching retirement. You'll so wonder how you ever found time to work..

Latest posts