International multi-gun rules interpretation

Browtine

Well-Known Fanatic
How do you guys interpret the following rule concerning rifle mags in limited classes?

only traditional double stack mags allowed.  (cinched mags must be offset a minimum of 2 inches to avoid being considered an external supporting device)

I have an Arrendondo mag coupler on two Pmags that I am wondering about The mags are offset about an inch, but if you measure outside of mags, they are about 2.25 inches across.
What do you think, legal or not?

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Its legal in every match but rocky mountain 3 gun. Why its not legal there is beyond my pay grade. I think its tradition.

Rustyzx9

Founding Member
It sounds like they are talking about how far one mag needs to be above the other not so much how far apart they are from outside to outside.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
It sounds like they are talking about how far one mag needs to be above the other not so much how far apart they are from outside to outside.

this is what it sounds like to me as well.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
The only match that makes you have them offset is the rocky mountain 3 gun championship. All teh other match have done away with this stupid rule. I got to fondle one of Maggie Resses' 60 round Surefire mags. It is perfect for monopoding because it has a wide base plate on it.

Latest posts