Interesting new compensator

slemmo

Well-Known Fanatic
Made in Norway by some guy with experience from machining gas and oil valves, so sort of home made. Hopefully I'll be able to test it next weekend.

slemmo

Well-Known Fanatic
Professor said:
So do you drill the set screws to tune it, or just remove them? Very nice machine work.
All the ports are threaded, so the set screws can be removed and put back as needed. I'll try a few shots with the front holes open, then remove the next two and so on. Film it in 400fps slomo should give a nice idea of how it performs.

slemmo

Well-Known Fanatic
It gots the looks, but not the function, tested it yesterday and compared it with my SJC.

First shooter on the video is another guy on the national rifle team, so I think we were fairly qualified. You can see the rifle kicks quite alot, and also snaps hard to the right when he shoots it. Then I fired a few rounds and then from 1:03 on the video I'm shooting the SJC. You can see the rifle behave differently on the video because I'm trying different tension and so on while holding the rifle to see how it behaves.
Muzzle flip with the shiny comp was neutralised with 6 open top ports, but recoil was still far too much, and it jumps 2-3 yards to the right @ 100 yards. So, the rifle is fairly uncontrollable for fast precision shooting at distance since you're coming way off target for every shot.

The SJC comp have about 0.5 yard muzzle rise straight up @ 100 yards and absolutely no sideways movement. I was shooting at a wooden board stuck in the sand berm, and the dot did a small jump directly in line with the board and came right back down. Recoil is also much better with the SJC.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unCNBsi76CI[/media]

Latest posts