Innovative Arms WAR

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
Picked up one of these during PSA's sale.

WarUpper2.jpg

It's going to accompany the suppressor I have on the way...hopefully reduce some of the internal fouling and mainly reduce blowback.

WARupper.jpg

Unsuppressed mode:
WarUpper3.jpg

Suppressed mode:
WarUpper4.jpg

My gas key on my bolt carrier seemed snug around the WAR gas tube. I might have to swap out the BCG, which wouldn't be a downgrade by any means, but the upper's not installed yet, so I don't know for sure.

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
I was going to throw it on my current rifle and look at doing a precision build in a few months, but I am probably going to sell my current rig and build the new one around the WAR upper. The WAR is going to be getting a Rainier cold hammer forged barrel, thunder bolt, Rainier lower, etc.

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
Didn't take the photo. I compared the new gas tube to my existing one. I couldn't check interior dimensions, but the exterior was identical. I think it would have to be the same so it's compatible with gas blocks and such.

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
View inside the gas tube for unsuppressed and suppressed modes:

Unsuppressed
NewBuild3.jpg

Suppressed:
NewBuild4.jpg

Hopefully, between this and the chrome BCG I've got on the way, suppressed shooting won't be nearly the maintenance chore that it usually is.

Paco

Well-Known Fanatic
11B3XCIB said:
Didn't take the photo. I compared the new gas tube to my existing one. I couldn't check interior dimensions, but the exterior was identical. I think it would have to be the same so it's compatible with gas blocks and such.
I was under the impression that it needed a more robust gas tube to handle the back-pressure of operating in suppressed mode.
Perhaps that was just people talking about if it had a "no gas" mode.

Thanks for the pictures.

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
I don't think just any old gas tube will work; it's got to be one of Innovative's proprietary gas tubes. I think it is notched differently...I don't know the specifics because it's Phillip's design. It comes with a carbine length tube, but I had to swap mine to IA for a mid-length upon request. They make pistol,carbine, and mid-length tube, so sorry about the guys who run rifle length ones, I don't know if they would be compatible.

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
Here's the other side of the WAR, where you can see the notches in the frame where you have two distinct settings.

WarUpper7.jpg

Someone asked somewhere else if there was more than two settings. I think these two are enough :cool:

Latest posts