...In The Beginning

akendall

Fanatic
So I thought i would give the shooting log a try.

History:
Started shooting USPSA last year. chose a glock 17 because of my familiarity and long history shooting this gun. Got C class in production as soon as i had enough classifiers. Only made one major (Double Tap) but had several club matches.

Goal:
shoot as many rounds as possible :)
get classified in limited 10.
win C at area 3
win C at High Desert Classic.
Start next year as a B

Long Term Goals:
Beat Airic

That's a little about what i WANT to do, I'll let you know if any of it actually comes to fruition.

akendall

Fanatic
Been a while since i've been able to do much in the way of matches. Summer vacations and work keep wanting all my shooting time. Here's whats new

Still shooting production and looking forward to High Dessert Classic in Sept.
Spent a lot of time on transitions and movement in dry fire. Trying to get my body to know when to move with out my brain getting in the way.
Live fire is still all about accuracy.
approx 200rd/month 15yd or better. build drills (cause they are fun) and some transition drills Airic has shown me.

My sight aquisition is still a little slow by my estimation and i don't want to drop too much with the minor points.

Upcoming:
got a Glock 35 set up for limited that i'm looking forward to trying out if i'm ever off work for a match. Been a lot of fun in practice, however, i'm having trouble with the extended mags causing the round to "nose dive" and not feed correctly on 2 of the magazines i have. hoping different extensions will fix the problem.

akendall

Fanatic
Shot High Dessert Classic...took 3rd C class production. Had a pretty decent match. There where a few stages that didn't go so well to put it lightly.
Gotta work on:
MOVEMENT!!! everything felt smooth but also slow.
Stage Planning. The reason i had the 2 bad stages was not following my stage plan. that and i have the memory of a fruit fly apparently.

Shot our local match at SCRAP in Duncan OK. had a great time and finally saw the new pistol bays they have put in.
I really wasn't that focused on my personal performance in this one. This was the first outing with the Limited set up

Upside is the gun ran great with the new mag extensions. the old ones where causing the .40 rounds to nose dive every few shots.
I did manage to take 2nd limited and 6th over all combined score, even won one stage. All that and i messed up one stage so bad i zero'd it.

My classifiers didn't go that great. I think i hit around 50% for both the limited and production runs so i'll be C class for a while longer.

All in all a great couple of matches and looking forward to the next one. I have a plan for practicing movement i'll post my plan once fully developed and you guys tell me what you think

Latest posts