I'm rude, lewd, crude, and socially unacceptable....

busykngt

busykngt

Well-Known Fanatic
fatbaldguy, no trolling here! (rude, crude & socially unacceptable?... hardly)

I’ve seen your postings in other forms. You’re normal(!).... and from what I can tell, one of the ‘good guys’.

Now, I’ve got my doubts about a few of the others... but so far, I ain’t seen ‘em here {yet}.

fatbaldguy

fatbaldguy

Well-Known Fanatic
"Don't let the bastards grind you down"

We could probably drink together
I'd buy you a good scotch or bourbon whilst I sipped some iced tea. I work for a zero tolerance company. I've watched guys get released (fired) for .001 on a Monday morning. Hell, I'm paranoid about having a beer or two with dinner on a Friday night.

fieldgrade

fieldgrade

Well-Known Fanatic
I'd buy you a good scotch or bourbon whilst I sipped some iced tea. I work for a zero tolerance company. I've watched guys get released (fired) for .001 on a Monday morning. Hell, I'm paranoid about having a beer or two with dinner on a Friday night.
I was a headhunter for 25 years. I don't know if I can find you another job, but I'll give you a hell of a reference.

KS95B40

KS95B40

Well-Known Fanatic
...I work for a zero tolerance company. I've watched guys get released (fired) for .001 on a Monday morning...

I am curious as to what industry fires employees for .001? The FMCSA established a .04 for CDL - Comercial Driver’s License while the rest of the population is at .08 for a DUI/DWI.

.001 seems like an almost impossible standard to set for employees.

fatbaldguy

fatbaldguy

Well-Known Fanatic
I am curious as to what industry fires employees for .001? The FMCSA established a .04 for CDL - Comercial Driver’s License while the rest of the population is at .08 for a DUI/DWI.

Waste Management and Republic Services both enforce a 0 (zero) tolerance policy. Their playground, their rules.

busykngt

busykngt

Well-Known Fanatic
Waste Management and Republic Services both enforce a 0 (zero) tolerance policy. Their playground, their rules.
Wow(!), that’s tougher than the airlines (& FAA) which also have the 0.04% BAC limit. But it’s probably understandable, one deadly traffic accident could possibly put them out of business. (fatbaldguy, don’t swallow your mouthwash!!!)

B

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
you are as welcome here as the rest of the crew from addicts IMHO

Livinthelife

Livinthelife

Fanatic

.04% for commercial drivers not on the job, if on the clock .0%.

KS95B40

KS95B40

Well-Known Fanatic
.04% for commercial drivers not on the job, if on the clock .0%.

I think for CDL drivers no alcohol for 4 hours before driving but I think they can blow as high as .02 without being resotriced from driving.

That’s from memory so...

Livinthelife

Livinthelife

Fanatic
I think for CDL drivers no alcohol for 4 hours before driving but I think they can blow as high as .02 without being resotriced from driving.

That’s from memory so...

I currently hold a CDL, had it for 13 years.
For awhile it was zero tolerance if behind the wheel of a truck. But I stand corrected, currently it seems .04% is the threshold.
But if someone is checking, then the driver is likely s.o.l.

KS95B40

KS95B40

Well-Known Fanatic
I currently hold a CDL, had it for 13 years.
For awhile it was zero tolerance if behind the wheel of a truck. But I stand corrected, currently it seems .04% is the threshold.
But if someone is checking, then the driver is likely s.o.l.

I have a CDL as well. And a “Chauffeur’s License” before that for the last 42 years.
.04 either on duty or not is a DUI (.08 for non CDL holder at least in KS). .02 - .039 and we are suspended without pay (and cannot drive) for 24 hours.

fatbaldguy

fatbaldguy

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a CDL as well. And a “Chauffeur’s License” before that for the last 42 years.
.04 either on duty or not is a DUI (.08 for non CDL holder at least in KS).
I have had a 'Chauffeur's License' or CDL for 42 years myself. You are correct about the legal standard. I believe this is true in all states.

Bender

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
“.....rude, lewd, crude, and socially unacceptable....”

Kinda sounds a bit like a flying crew chief.

Ethanol Red

Ethanol Red

Well-Known Fanatic
I drove a truck for 9 years(not a semi). Got busted for driving on a suspended license once. My boss didn’t care. Gotta love the Danish!

Latest posts