IDPA at USSA, Tulsa, OK

pnavesky

Fanatic
First a quick introduction - myself, Darrell West, and Don Cannon are currently running the IDPA program at USSA. I log into sites like this about once every 13th blue moon, so no guarantees, but I'll attempt to post the coming USSA IDPA matches as well as results from the USSA IDPA matches on this post.

April's match will be this coming Saturday, April 14th. Sign in from 0900-1000 and first squads should be going out by 0930. We always have 6 stages and we recommend bringing 150 rounds just in case! This is the last local IDPA match in the Tulsa area prior to the coming Badlands Regional/OK State Championship IDPA match at Oil Capitol Rod & Gun Club on 28-29 April.

Hope to see you at an IDPA match!

Pete Navesky

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Welcome Pete. Glad to see you onboard. I really like seeing more IDPA action on BoomerShooter. You can always send th eresults to me or one of the other moderators and we can post them for you.

pnavesky

Fanatic
Folks - The IDPA Gods may indeed be smiling! According to the National Weather Service (and just when are weathermen EVER wrong?) we are supposed to get rain/thunderstorms this evening followed by a break between storm systems in the morning before they restart again later tomorrow afternoon.

Darrell and I are planning on setting up for the match later this afternoon after work.

HOWEVER - the chance for tornadic storms is fairly high with the coming systems. The type of systems coming in are the types that will develop storm cells versus just rain all over. So PLEASE BE CAREFUL and PLEASE BE AWARE of the weather wherever you are going to be this weekend!

You all know this is a Catch-22! We'll be there Saturday morning with the intent to hold the match. I leave it up to you as to whether you want to make the commitment to come out to the range, especially those of you who are road tripping in from outside the Tulsa area.

Pete Navesky
USSA IDPA

pnavesky

Fanatic
Match results are hopefully attched as a PDF file.

The rains gave us a window of opportunity to shoot Saturday! 32 shooters were able to join us and of these 7 were first time IDPA shooters! I hope they enjoyed the match and I hope they elect to join the Tulsa area IDPA shooting community be it at USSA or at Oil Capitol Rod & Gun Club!
Congratulations to Eric Fusion who posted the only 2 digit overall score on the day! But then again he has to live up to his Master class rating in IDPA, so is it truly that good to be the king? And congrats also to Terry Cooper who had the lowest "points down" total with 23 measly points down for the match! Quite a feat for both shooters!
Next Sunday, April 22nd is the benefit IDPA "Outlaw" shoot for John Zane who was in a really bad motorcycle accident about 5 months and now has the medical bills to prove it! Go to the US Shooting Academy web page for more info please! And hope to see you there!
Hope you all dodged the proverbial bullet from this weekends storms!

View attachment 2404

Attachments

• USSA IDPA 4-12-2012.pdf
    175.4 KB · Views: 403

okorpheus

Well-Known Fanatic
Do they shoot classifiers as part of the matches at USSA very often?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

pnavesky

Fanatic
Sorry for the delay in responding to you, but I visit the blog about once every third blue moon, my bad! We will run Classifiers at the shooters request. All I ask is that you send me an e-mail ([email protected]) prior to the match so I have an idea of who and how many desire to shoot one.

Latest posts