Ideas for pistol skills improvement for 3 gun

Eric1231

Well-Known Fanatic
My weakest platform is the pistol. Basically how I shoot the pistol and difficulty of the pistol shots determine how I place. I am looking for a couple ideas on improving my game and so feedback on what I am doing.

I have been using Ben Stoegers dry books and dry firing 3-4 times a week with my pistol-my focus has been the Hopkins drill, singles on three targets at 10 yards is there better drills for steel plates?

Secondly I scheduled a class with Bob Vogel in April with another shooter.

Finally I joined uspsa and plan to shoot a some pistol matches .

What else should I do?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Steel challenge is an awesome venue for skill building

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Eric1231 said:
What else should I do?
Learn how to trigger a shot. Follow through the sight picture. Learn how to trigger differently based on shot difficulty. Learn what you need to see. Ask Vogel about triggering during your class.

Watch videos of top shooters. Don't watch their overall performance, watch their movements, their trigger finger, how they enter and exit positions, how they move through a stage. Don't look at the stage or any targets, watch the shooter. Do what they do, "be a chameleon".

Mitch Gibson said:
Learn how to trigger a shot. Follow through the sight picture. Learn how to trigger differently based on shot difficulty. Learn what you need to see. Ask Vogel about triggering during your class.

Watch videos of top shooters. Don't watch their overall performance, watch their movements, their trigger finger, how they enter and exit positions, how they move through a stage. Don't look at the stage or any targets, watch the shooter. Do what they do, "be a chameleon".
trigger differently? whered u get that crap?

MarkCO

Well-Known Fanatic
Increase grip strength (all you), learn what you need to see (Vogel class), dry fire (if you do it correctly and have the prior two, it works).

Latest posts