i want to build a AR for 3 gun

boomerboy78

Active Fanatic
so i have been dicussing with some of you guys about getting into 3-gun matches and i woud like to build a AR strictly for that... i would like to hear from you guys that have experience in the field of good ideas for this or what maybe you guys are running... and where i might get some good deals.... and info and help would be greatly appreciated... thanx so much aaron...

and i hope this is the rite place for this thread.... if not sorry ahead of time....

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Check out the 18 and 20" barrels that LOKI has to offer. Also their uppers and lowers (there's a group buy for these right now.. hint hint)
JP for the trigger and springs
LOKI again for the carbon fiber handguard, unless you want aluminum then go with Troy TRX

technetium-99m

Mighty Righty
Decent receivers, nice barrel (Nordic, JP, Satern, Loki, even the DPMS offerings are good enough), JP guts, a decent comp, adjustable gas, whatever forend you prefer, stock and sights of your choice. Decent practical rifles are pretty easy to put together.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
Check out the 18 and 20" barrels that LOKI has to offer. Also their uppers and lowers (there's a group buy for these right now.. hint hint)
LOKI again for the carbon fiber handguard, unless you want aluminum then go with Troy TRX

do this and buy SJC comp

boomerboy78

Active Fanatic

Cool ill diff check them all out...lol (and i like the hint hint) lol ill let ya know...

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
The components that everyone tries to compete with is the JP low mass system. Their light weight bolt carrier, adjustable gas block, and low mass buffer can be put inside any upper/lower with a good barrel, compensator and trigger like the Stag Arms Model 3G and your set.

boomerboy78

Active Fanatic
The components that everyone tries to compete with is the JP low mass system. Their light weight bolt carrier, adjustable gas block, and low mass buffer can be put inside any upper/lower with a good barrel, compensator and trigger like the Stag Arms Model 3G and your set.

Thanx for the info sounds like the way to go...

crash217

Well-Known Fanatic
I searched around trying to build one online. Finally just decided to call Mike at Accurate Iron. I ended up with a Loki forged upper and lower. all JP Low Mass internals and trigger, JP 18" pencil barrel with their compensator. I think my AR has the Loki carbon handgaurd on it.

My experience with Accurate Iron on my AR has been enjoyable, as was the case with my shotgun. He helped me get the AR running perfectly literally an hour before my first match with it. For only slightly more $ I basically made a phone call and then went to pick up a gun a few weeks later as opposed to hunting everything down, being frustrated with any fitment issues, and then he tuned the gas system not once, but twice due to our differences in ammo choices. He didn't have to, but he stands behind his work and tries to make his customers happy the best he can. Worth it in my opinion.

You can always just slap a long barrel/compensator and handgaurd on a plain AR and be ready to rock... Kurt Millers old iron sights gun runs really well and doesn't have much special going on with it besides those things I mentioned. I think it's even got a tactical krylon paint job on it to hide the fact that its probably got 50k rounds through it!

McGuire

Well-Known Fanatic
pretty sure he said hes on his 4th or 5th barrel...that I think is the epitome of badass

Latest posts