I moved to the dark side yesturday...Bought my first AK-47..

Red_SC

Fanatic
Everyone should own an AK!

d870f5c9.jpg

44lover

Well-Known Fanatic
As to the one on the lower left. How does one not get harrassed at the range with that?

I was out at BH Nov.08, with my newly purchased GSG-5, and was harranged by a Berkeley County Deputy who thought he knew about guns. He proceeded to tell me that suppressors are illegal in S.C, and wondered who built mine. I was too shocked to respond with a knee jerk reaction. I haven't been there since. This is probably why I haven't met most of you on this site yet.

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
Sometimes there is a Deputy or two that comes by. They usually don't even get out of the car...

Sometimes law enforcement officers think they know the law to the letter....but, they either have the wrong information, or, they have old info.

I have ask different officers what the law was about carring a weapon in your vehicle....You can't believe how many wrong answers I have had...They juist either don't have the time to get updated on the law, or, just don't think about it...

It is kind of bad to get harrassed by the law enforcement officers, and they don't even know the law...

Please don't stay away from the range because of one bad experience...Just be legal and forget about it...

Hope to see you on the range...

Steve

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic
44lover said:
As to the one on the lower left. How does one not get harrassed at the range with that?

I was out at BH Nov.08, with my newly purchased GSG-5, and was harranged by a Berkeley County Deputy who thought he knew about guns. He proceeded to tell me that suppressors are illegal in S.C, and wondered who built mine. I was too shocked to respond with a knee jerk reaction. I haven't been there since. This is probably why I haven't met most of you on this site yet.

What was the officers name? I've been going there for years and we shoot everything from full auto subguns to beltfed stuff plus silencers. The only time I've ever been approached by a LEO was about 3 months ago. This deputy, Mosier, was a total jackass, didn't know the law and after he called HQ his attitude changed and he no longer threatened to "take me to jail".
So don't let these LEO's run you out of the forest. We have a couple of nice ranges and there is no reason to be afraid of using them!

44lover

Well-Known Fanatic
If he was short, stocky and looked like he just arrived from the barber, then it was the same one. I was with a buddy of mine and he said the same thing as you did but after a few minutes I was so darn hot that it was best for me to pack up and leave.

44lover

Well-Known Fanatic
Also, it was real early @ 8:30am when it happened. It's just that public service workers with an attitude like that, just gets under my skin. Just cause they got a little power they let it get to thier heads, and try to ruin a good time. That it gets under my skin is putting it mildly.

44lover

Well-Known Fanatic
Fordnut,

your right, I should just sweep it under the rug, and move on. I just haven't been out that way for a while. I have a new buddy that I work with, he's from an extremely restrictive state. I took him to ATP to show him what is available to us here in the south. He's been looking forward to the forest, now that I've told him about it. Maybe, I'll see you out there. I like to get there just after the sun comes up over the trees, Lane choice you know. :D

To everyone else reading these posts I apologize for the rant.

Latest posts