I have to pump up my favorite hand gun...Kimber

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
I am reading about the Glock's, so now it is time to talk about mine...

Kimber....I have 2 of them, and, I love them. I have a CDPII in 3" for a carry gun. I love it. It is very dependable. And, for a 3" it is very accurate.
(it shoots better than I can see).
I also have a 4" Stainless that is a great shooter...
I just traded off my 5". It was a great shooter, but, way to pretty to shoot...

I love letting other guys shoot my 3" when we are at the range..It always suprises them, and I usually hear.."damn, I can shoot this gun better thanI can my own"..Then I have to laugh..
Well, so much for my bragging...You see me at the range,just ask, and I will let you try the "baby Kimber"...you will love it.
Steve

Pops

Well-Known Fanatic
I was looking at the new baby kimbers the Ultra II and Ultra Raptor II
http://www.kimberamerica.com/pistols/ultracarry/ultra_carry_II/
http://www.kimberamerica.com/pistols/customshop/ultra_raptor_II/
These look like the Cadillac of the concealed carry firearms.

I like my Kel-tec, and I could easily have one in each color for the price of one Kimber, but the Kimber is a beautiful tool.

I don't know yet how you really stand with Glock, I just invested in a Glock model 27. I don't have it in hand yet, but I'm looking forward to it.
I like that Glock has so many options and aftermarket addons, triggers, sights, barrels, etc. I can make a Glock into almost anything I want it to be.

Do you get those kinds of options for the Kimber? I haven't really researched them to date, although they have an outstanding reputation.

;)

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
To answer tha questions, first....no. Barrels are not interchangable, unless you buy the .22 kit so you can shoot L. rifles..

In the compact class you use a 7 round mag, which is called a Commander size.
In the full sized model it uses an 8 round mag.

There are, of course, aftermarket mag that have a higher count.

Steve

Frost

Well-Known Fanatic
That carry piece is a beautiful tool for certain.
I would love to have one, it is almost enough of a hottie to make me switch teams and go back to 1911s.
The trigger is just plain awesome...

Bdbys59

Well-Known Fanatic
I can attest to those Kimbers. They are beautiful, nice balance, just can't afford them :D . I carry either a Springfield XD-9 subcompact or a "baby Eagle" in .40, both are very nice. My XD is extremely accurate for a 3". I get constant groups in the 3" to 4" at 25 yards.

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
I just traded for another Kimber....now there are 3...

This one is kind of a collector piece. I didn't know it till I got it, but, it is one of about 500. Sure is pretty, though...
Here is a picture from the kimber site:
http://www.kimberamerica.com/pistols/ec ... se_pro_II/

The difference in mine and the one in the picture...Mine was the pilot model. It came from the Kimber Custom Shop with all the good stuff...Ambi. saftey, all corners molded, night sights,worked trigger...all the COOL stuff from them...

Now, with it having the box and all the original papers...I have to work up the courage to shoot it...

Such problems...

Steve

Frost

Well-Known Fanatic
Another 1911 is on my list but let me ask y'all.
Is Kimber really that much better than a Colt?
How do they compare cost wise?

Maddog

Well-Known Fanatic
Frost you should know better than to ask that. You can get an argument started on the merits of a manufacture faster than teenage girls at a prom putting someone down.

I have never owned a Kimber but have read about them a lot. Seems like they are like any other manufacturer and have had their share of critics and problems, they sure are pretty though.

I am not sure I would want to put that much into a piece I am going to carry and I am not much for safe queens but if I come across one at a good price or trade I would not hesitate to jump on it.

My babies
AO1911-CharlesDalyEMSandRIACS1911A1.jpg

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
ANytime you want to try a Kimber, just let me know....I have had a few of them, and now I have 3....I have had a few other 1911's....but, I would pay the price for the Kimber....

But, that is just my oppenion....But, as I said, anyone that wants to try a Kimber, let me know ans we will go to the range...

Steve

armedpig

Well-Known Fanatic
Frost said:
Another 1911 is on my list but let me ask y'all.
Is Kimber really that much better than a Colt?
How do they compare cost wise?

Kimbers are nice and so are Colts. Both of them hold their value well, and both make nice quality arms. I think that the functionality of the firearm depends on who was working that day and ended up putting your gun together. I don't own either, but would like to one day(would love a Grand Raptor2). I have shot both and have had them run fine, and some of them jam up. I think it all comes down to personal prefrance in the end.

Dirk Pitt

Well-Known Fanatic
My dad has a stainless Kimber Custom II TLE that I tend to borrow from him quite a lot. I've always liked Kimbers myself as far as 1911's go. I think my next 1911 though will be a Springfield Milspec though.

Frost

Well-Known Fanatic
I am not sure what I was thinking.
I must have been feeling my age.
In my defense being a Glock guy I tend to think more big picture ie Glock vs. everyone else.
I also tend to forget just how many people make 1911 pistols.

I will say this the few Kimbers I have handled have impressed me with their fit and finish.

Latest posts