I HATE ICE!

Jennifer Herd Seymour

Glitter Britches
I hate ice. I cannot believe the destruction it has done to my community. Tree companies are saying it may be weeks before they can remove trees due to the volume of calls from trees that fell on cars and houses. Almost the entire community was without power for 24 hours, some still have no power. The hospital is overflowing because those without power that require medical equipment have to stay with us in order to have oxygen. My husband busted it today and broke a rib, sending us back to the ER that I was stuck working in for 60 hours. Not where I wanted to go! So now I get to deal with this tree and the damages by myself. Four holes in the roof with water damage. I hope it doesn't rain since the husband would not let me get on the roof to put a tarp over the holes. I. HATE. ICE.

View attachment 6471

View attachment 6472

View attachment 6473

View attachment 6474

View attachment 6475

Attachments

• IMG_9029.JPG
    IMG_9029.JPG
    202.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9052.JPG
    IMG_9052.JPG
    255.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9059.JPG
    IMG_9059.JPG
    196.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9046.JPG
    IMG_9046.JPG
    211.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9066.JPG
    IMG_9066.JPG
    222.7 KB · Views: 1

Jennifer Herd Seymour

Glitter Britches
And now we just had an earthquake. Not joking. I was 22 miles from the epicenter in Edgefield. Magnitude 4.4. I cry uncle, I'm done with Mother Nature. We are not friends.

hunter_dmw12

Well-Known Fanatic
Well you could live in Nebraska where the wind blows 75 percent of the time. Ice from December till late march. -25 one day and the next day is 65. All I want to do is go shoot but this b we call mother nature won't let a working man have a break.

Bob Sanders

Well-Known Fanatic
Wow! I hope you have some relatives or friends that can help with the trees. Pines don't do well with ice. Sorry about your husbands ribs. Damn some folks have all the luck, even bad.

Josh Beauchamp

Well-Known Fanatic
Girl what did you do to piss off mother nature?

And Fleche I have said for years Oklahoma is one volcano away from a bad disaster movie.

Jennifer Herd Seymour

Glitter Britches
Josh Beauchamp said:
Girl what did you do to piss off mother nature?

And Fleche I have said for years Oklahoma is one volcano away from a bad disaster movie.
I don't know what we did but I'm at the point of laughing so I don't cry. It rained last night. Rain + holes in roof = water inside.

Jennifer Herd Seymour

Glitter Britches
scubor2 said:
Well at least your vintage Corvette didn't wind up in a sinkhole, but there is still time.
That's an awful thought!! Did that happen to you??

Things are looking up. Tree cut and away from house, tarp on roof, branches hauled off by Jennifer and sons yard service, refrigerator cleaned out, power and internet back, laundry done by a very helpful 14 year old daughter. Love my kids. They helped ole mom out today!

scubor2

S.L.C.G.A.
Jennifer S. said:
That's an awful thought!! Did that happen to you?? No the only thing I have that is vintage is me. Six Vintage Corvettes in a museum in Kentucky did though. Who would have anticipated that?

Things are looking up. Tree cut and away from house, tarp on roof, branches hauled off by Jennifer and sons yard service, refrigerator cleaned out, power and internet back, laundry done by a very helpful 14 year old daughter. Love my kids. They helped ole mom out today!

Sounds like the sun will shine again and the birds will sing . It's nice when your kids throw in and help.

Bob Sanders

Well-Known Fanatic
The Bowling Green area is rife with cave systems, and one Mammoth one. Probably how the sink hole started.

Jennifer Herd Seymour

Glitter Britches
StealthESW said:
Actually, it was 8 corvettes and a couple of them were in the million dollar range. http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-hy-autos-gm-restoration-corvette-sinkhole-20140213,0,5225409.story#axzz2tR8RxKbU

Winter months can bring on some pretty bad damage. We made out pretty good this year here in Oklahoma so far. It has been bad here in past years.
That is impressive and horrible all at once!! Wow! And I'm glad I live here. This year was bad but it is RARE here. We are lucky.

StealthESW

Well-Known Fanatic
Jennifer S. said:
That is impressive and horrible all at once!! Wow! And I'm glad I live here. This year was bad but it is RARE here. We are lucky.
I used to live in Florida, my parents are still there, sinkholes are not new to me. People have been lost in them in Florida. Crazy to think that the ground can just drop from under your bed as you sleep, but it has happened.

Glad you guys are ok.

The winter will be over soon and it will get warmer. Then we can start dodging tornadoes... Wow, guess it never ends.

Latest posts