I Felt Kinda Special Friday

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Not a big deal, but I HATE leaving a gun in my car to enter a "gun free zone". I had to get a copy of my birth certificate from the local courthouse. I called to verify, was told if I have my badge, I can carry as long as I am not going to court for myself. So, I showed my badge, and they ignored the metal detector going off.

We don't have metal detectors in Mayberry. I am used to walking all around that courthouse armed, but a big difference with 3 deputies doing security at the entrance here. I think my parish might can muster 40 deputies and reserves, including dispatch, the parish courthouse in question has 30 reserves, 100 deputies...

I know it is not a big deal to most folks, but I am easily amused. So, when me and the future Mrs. G go for a wedding license this week, I can get in, and yell "She got weed"! LOL, I am not really that stupid, close, but no.

dennishoddy

HaHa! great video!

The content reminded me of a former supervisor at work. His brothers name was Jack.
One day he went to an airport to meet his brother and give him a ride home from a flight.
This was in the day of DB Cooper and airplane highjackings.
As his brother (named Jack) came walking off the plane he loudly said HI Jack thinking he was making a joke!!
Apparently about three hours later after getting out of custody and interrogated, he was released.
My ex supervisor said he never knew there were that many orifices on his body that needed a deep check while in custody.
Moral of the story is, don't be a smart arse and find yourself getting orfices checked in areas where there may be an area with high security.

Last edited:

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Not a big deal, but I HATE leaving a gun in my car to enter a "gun free zone". I had to get a copy of my birth certificate from the local courthouse. I called to verify, was told if I have my badge, I can carry as long as I am not going to court for myself. So, I showed my badge, and they ignored the metal detector going off.

We don't have metal detectors in Mayberry. I am used to walking all around that courthouse armed, but a big difference with 3 deputies doing security at the entrance here. I think my parish might can muster 40 deputies and reserves, including dispatch, the parish courthouse in question has 30 reserves, 100 deputies...

I know it is not a big deal to most folks, but I am easily amused. So, when me and the future Mrs. G go for a wedding license this week, I can get in, and yell "She got weed"! LOL, I am not really that stupid, close, but no.

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding! God Bless.

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
So, they let me through with my badge, then did not even make her take her keys out of her purse! :oops: I guess we look peaceful.

We got the wedding license secured in the safe. Kinda funny, for a marriage license, you need your drivers license and birth certificate. OK, but, to get your birth certificate, all you need is your drivers license... Circular logic, to enrich the parish? No way. :cool:

Something I had never thought about, the Bible talks about ways to get divorced, but there is not a description on how to actually get married. Go figure.

And thank you for the well wishes!