I blame Burk

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Ok see there was this little event several months ago when a bunch of BSers got together and shot some sporting clays, well Kirk had never shot this before, skeet, trap, and just beer and birds but to get to the point Kirk really liked this sporting clays things! the problem he REALLY likes 3-gun so he had to get all of his 3-gun and USPSA stuff together first.

He was buying shotshells for the shoot at USSA tomorrow and just because walked back to check out the O/U shotguns there, I thought one looked odd so I ask to see it BAD MOVE! it was a 28ga so well **** the credit card took a hit this evening. Oh anytime you fella's feel the urge to go shoot sporting clays shout I might have the time to tag along ;-)

Here's some pics of the newest member of the safe.

001-8.jpg

Check out the wood on this!

002-7.jpg

Here's the difference between a 12ga and the 28ga

003-9.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pics I used the phone. I'm stoked as I've been looking for one of these shotguns for over 3 years! I'm sure here soon I'll be going out to pattern this little guy and then hope to go bust some clay birdies. Later,

Kirk

brandt9913

Well-Known Fanatic
Very nice double gun. Is that a Browning Citori?

I've always wanted a 28 ga, but I don't want to have to start also reloading shotgun. With a 28 ga, you don't have much of a choice but to reload. The cost of shells eats the wallet otherwise.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
It's nothing real fancy but it's a solid little shotgun. It's Academys brand Yildiz, small frame, 28" barrels with choke tubes they had to have $429 for it. I don't have the weight but it's nothing. Of the 150 some odd stores Academy has there were 63 of these shotguns listed on thier inventory list.

I used to hunt Quail with my Grandfathers brothers SXS 28ga and loved it! I have shot a 410 for Quail and dove for many years and just like the smaller gauges just seems more sporting than my 12ga and I don't blow birds up LOL

Yes the rounds are not the cheapest items on the shelves for sure! at $10 box don't miss much BUT I hapen to know another guy who shoots trap with a 28ga and hopefully he will let me spend some time with his press but either way this won't see the amount of rounds my 3-gun shotgun will see.

Burk thanks for getting that shoot together! I rather enjoyed it and look forward to the next one. Anyone feel the urge to pull the trigger on this just shout but you gotta feed it :) not saying I'm a Nancy or anything but this would be an awesome shotgun for a lady. Later,

Kirk

brandt9913

Well-Known Fanatic
I think they need to make another 3 gun division for o/u shotguns. They are always reliable and don't require $500 in mods to compete.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
brandt I just have $500 in my shotgun and it works fine :) I think a whole of a Nordic tube and a fiber sights about it, the other stuff well beer and a dremel tool will fix right up LOL Later,

Kirk

dennishoddy

Dam you Kirk! I've wanted a 28 guage for a long time. Now I see what my next gun purchase is going to be...
I"ve been looking at the Brownings, but that Yildiz is a sweet looking gun. The guns coming from Turkey sport high quality walnut in their stocks.

Any time you want to go to Silver Leaf for some clay shooting, I'll make plans to get down there. Love that place. I'll even shoot my 16 ga on the sub gun course.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Sub gun? I'll make this little sucker shoot on the big boy range thank you! if I can't hang with the 12's and 20's I've got problems :)

This was just one of those things where I was in the right place WITH money this time Dennis, I've been wanting a 28ga I know since I was 12 years old when I found out that I was not getting the shotgun handed down to me not a real happy day at all! so lets see it has taken me almost 30 years :-O **** I'm getting old.

I'll be sure and give you a shout a couple days before I get a wild urge to head out there, dang little shotshells are not cheap but I love my 410 too but it's a single barrel a touch difficult for doubles. Later,

Kirk

dennishoddy

Sub gun? I'll make this little sucker shoot on the big boy range thank you! if I can't hang with the 12's and 20's I've got problems :)
Kirk

Deal! I'll shoot the 16 on the big boy course as well.
My .410 is a single shot as well. I've been looking for a .410 double gun, or one in a Rem 1100 to finish out the 1100 series collection I've got started.

Update: I've been doing a ton of research on the gun, and they don't offer it in a SXS. They do have a sweet looking .410 though.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Fella's I pretty much have this weekend, work like a slave during the week then headed to the folks for Christmas the 21st thru the 25th. About the only day I have I could get out there would be Saturday. If we do this let's don't make it early please! last time I couldn't see those little clay birdies in the sun, yea that's what it was LOL

I'd probably be good for a couple rounds, just let me know! BUT you can't laugh as I've not even gotten to shot this shotgun yet so I have NO clue as to pattern or if it shoots straight. Later,

Kirk

WideLoadTimmy

Well-Known Fanatic
Man, I wish I could make it out there with you again. Things have just not been going well for me. When I get a little money and a reliable vehicle, I'll give you a shout.

Latest posts