Hunting with an SKS Semi-auto rifle ??

Deo_Gunner

Fanatic
can i hunt in SC with my SKS with 30 rd banana mags? can not find anything on it in the rules and regs on DNR site.

LiveFreeorDie

Well-Known Fanatic
Hunting with an assault rifle ??

Hunt what?

Having looked at the regs and spoken in person with a DNR enforcement officer, there are no restrictions on magazine capacity or suppressor use whilst deer hunting, assuming, as I was told, you are otherwise hunting lawfully (that is, abiding by all the other 6,248 rules).

craigp

Well-Known Fanatic

You mean a SEMI-AUTOMATIC Rifle, not an assault weapon. Nobody hunts with full auto.

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic

fishing and hunting rules and regulations are available at wal mart among other places.

Deo_Gunner

Fanatic

No its not full auto, and I can read the rules online, it doesn't clarify exactly what an illegal hunting weapon is. and yes, its deer hunting. thank you for the answers. AND by saying assault rifle, you know hat i mean, dont be a smartass.

Nerdwithguns

Well-Known Fanatic

I don't think he meant to be a smart ass. With all the anti gunners trying to label every rifle that somebody is killed with an assault rifle, he probably just does not want to give them ay more ammo to use against those of us who want to keep our guns.

Deo_Gunner

Fanatic
well i posted this in 2 forums and both of them went straight POLITICAL, and niether is a political forum. I just wanted someone to answer my question. and NO, i dont want to lose my houseful of guns either. NRA member and CWP applied for.

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
DNR classifies them by caliber or shot. except for machine guns and punt guns they dont care . larger than 22 rimfire is legal for deer. buck for deer but having birdshot with you can mean fines for each one, and vice-versa bird and buck.

Latest posts