Hunting season opens tomorrow

dennishoddy

Dove season starts in the morning. Where are you going to be?

I've got a 22 acre spot in the middle of 640 acres that is a roost. Milo to the south, and wheat stubble to the north. Looks to be a good day.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I heard that gunnut dude is a pretty decent bowman as well

dennishoddy

Spencer said:
Ok, I'll shoot the archer division on Saturday at OKCGC.

dennis do you do archery or guns only?
Both. If they had spear season, I'd be in for that as well.
Three of us went out this evening and did pretty good. We ended up with 21 dove. We probably lost 10. The crab grass was knee high. Made it tough to find them.
The first three I got were with my Fausti SXS 12 ga muzzle loader.
I love shooting that thing. Shoot, and watch the dove fall out of the ball of smoke. Been using some recycled lead shot in it that I get from a guy in town. Its a mix of #9 to #6 shot. It does take a bit to reload, so when the birds came in hot and heavy, switched over to the Weatherby Althena 12 ga SXS.

LuckyDucky

Well-Known Fanatic
White_lady_spider_namibia.jpg

dennishoddy

Scott Hearn said:
That don't look like no Browning. Remington 11?

And those Eurasians are thick in the city. Probably got more of those than mournings here.
1946 Belgium Browning Sweet 16.
Bought it at an estate auction about 10 years ago unfired. Interesting story behind it. Guy came home from WWII and bought this gun for his wife. Stock was too long for her so he had a hand checkered Bishop stock built and installed. She developed cancer, and passed quickly. Her husband kept the gun unfired until he passed. The son put his collection of two dozen A5's into the estate auction. The back story came from the son.