Hunting season is ON!

dennishoddy

Dove has been open for 20 days, I did well, but the cold snap ran them south after the first week.

Deer season with the bow is open in less than two weeks. I've put in food plots, and need to put in more, built stands, moved stands, and will finally get out this week to start practicing with the crossbow.
Had a ruptured tendon in the arm, a couple of years ago, so have went from the compound to the crossbow.
The crossbow is legal now for all archery now.
I think that is a good thing. There are lots of older guys that can't pull a 60+ compound anymore. Its not about the let-off, its the initial pull.
Legal in Ok is 45lb pull if I'm not wrong, but that severely limits distance.

What have the rest of BS hunters been doing to get ready?

da5a8f8d.jpg

One food plot before, and then after working with the tractor. This pic is 2 weeks old. I'll get it planted Sunday. The only day I have off.

ef67b8eb.jpg

218d329c.jpg

RN&TULSAFIREMAN

Active Fanatic
NICE PLOTS!!! Lack of rain where I hunt is killing me! Blinds and stands go up the first week of Oct. Havnt transitioned to the crossbow yet but as my rotator cuffs get worse and worse I'm seriously considering it. Nice batch of birds too Dennis

dennishoddy

NICE PLOTS!!! Lack of rain where I hunt is killing me! Blinds and stands go up the first week of Oct. Havnt transitioned to the crossbow yet but as my rotator cuffs get worse and worse I'm seriously considering it. Nice batch of birds too Dennis

Thanks. It was the best dove season I've had in 20 years. Limits the first two days, and then had to eat some to get some more.
I fillet the meat off the breast, sprinkle it with some Garlic Pepper spice, sprinkle on some cayenne pepper, and beat it with a meat hammer. Wrap a piece of bacon around it with a coctail onion, and jalepeno slice on a toothpic skewer, and grill.

To die for. :D

ToolBox

Well-Known Fanatic
Love to deer hunt rifle, but lost my spot. now i'm looking for a new spot to hunt. Anybody need an extra hunter?

sefentress

Well-Known Fanatic
Cadoll's backyard would be a good place Craig, its already to go with at least 2 nice bucks hanging around.

ToolBox

Well-Known Fanatic
I do like to pick and choose what i shoot. Always have respect for wildlife and land owners. If anyone would extend an invite i would be greatful.
I would feel bad about huntting pet though. The women get real mad about that kind of thing.

csiedmond1

Well-Known Fanatic
40# is deer legal. Had to check regs for my oldest, he wants to bow hunt this yr... Not to find an adult sized bow 40-50# that won't break me...

Latest posts