HR 822 National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act

ToolBox

Well-Known Fanatic
I read a post that said this bill has passed the house.
Does anyone know what the status really is on this?

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Yes it did pass the House on Nov. 16. Here is a list of the amendments referenced earlier only this time with their pass/fail noted. ALL OF THEM WERE DEFEATED

• Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee's (D-Texas) amendment to establish a national database of permit holders (defeated 284-139);
  • Rep. Jackson Lee's amendment to require permit holders to notify law enforcement officials in other states of their intention to carry a firearm in those states (defeated 299-123);
  • Rep. Steve Cohen's (D-Tenn.) amendment to exclude permit holders under 21 years of age (defeated 276-150);
  • Rep. Alcee Hastings' (D-Fla.) amendment, intended to exclude permit holders whose states do not require permit applicants to apply in person (defeated 277-148);
  • Rep. Carolyn McCarthy's (D-N.Y.) amendment to apply the bill only to states in which the state legislature votes to accept it (defeated 274-147);
  • Rep. Rob Woodall's (R-Ga.) amendment to allow states to create their own agreements which would exempt them from the bill (defeated 283-140);
  • Rep. Hank Johnson's (D-Ga.) amendment to apply the bill only to permit holders who were required to participate in a live-fire exercise to be eligible for their permits (defeated 281-144); and,
  • Rep. David Cicilline's (D-R.I.) amendment to create a patchwork of recognition (and resistance) by applying the bill only between states where the attorneys general, state police chiefs, and secretaries of state have affirmed that their states' carry laws are similar (defeated 277-146).

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Honestly, I hope nothing. Not that I am opposed to other states honoring my OK permit BUT because the federal government cannot impose regulations on states. Just because some states (IL) has a stupid law the federal government can't tell them to change it. That is a states right.

If this passed, would that not be the same as the federal government imposing regulations for educational standards (for example) to the state level?

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
This stuff gives me a headache. It feels like argue with my wife over me shooting 3 gun this weekend or spending the day with my in-laws.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
This stuff gives me a headache. It feels like argue with my wife over me shooting 3 gun this weekend or spending the day with my in-laws.

I hear ya brother. But it's, more accurately, like arguing with your wife about whether to spend time with your in-laws or my in-laws.

Either way, you are likely going to need some counseling afterwards.

Yankee_Okie

Fanatic
FEDERALISM or bust! The Oklahoma state permit is honored in 38 states anyway.....who cares about the Northeast or West Coast, it is a terrible place...except New Hampshire and Maine.​

Latest posts