Howdy from the capital of the Lone Star State

DonTejano

Fanatic
As a budding gun enthusiast I've decided to make my next purchase (pistol no. seven) a 1911, which will be the first of my collection. And as an aspiring USPSA competitor I've set my sights on various makes and models geared toward this application (e.g., Colt Competition Plus, DW Pointman 45, and the Sig Sauer Stainless Target, just to name a few).

I'm looking forward to absorbing the extensive knowledge and informed perspectives on this forum. And perhaps being on the buying end of a great deal!

DonTejano

Fanatic
UPDATE: I came across a mint Dan Wesson Silverback on another forum and jumped at the opportunity to add it to mine and my wife's growing collection. This pistol will most likely only see the range and not a holster at a competition. Nevertheless, I'm excited to have it be our introduction to the 1911 platform and will continue educating myself on the Single Stack division, to include identifying my next purchase.

1593016684405.png

1593016726645.png

Love2Shoot2

Fanatic
I suppose my favorite is Wilson because they have 30lpi checkering which is my first choice. Others like different textures so just look them over and get what you like..
Go to the Brownells website and seach for "1911 magwell" and you will see many options as far as tezxturing and finish.
I have also had generally good results with Ed Brown parts but have not used one of their magwells.

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Just butting in, Dawson Precision has their "Ice" magwell, I think it fits in IDPA box, not sure which game your thinking about but I just put a Fusion Firearm rear mainspring housing and magwell on my Bul Armory 1911, it's the small magwell, both made out of aluminum, fits in box and makes weight, can't be over 43 ounces with empty mag, IDPA I'm referring to

DonTejano

Fanatic
I suppose my favorite is Wilson because they have 30lpi checkering which is my first choice. Others like different textures so just look them over and get what you like..
Go to the Brownells website and seach for "1911 magwell" and you will see many options as far as tezxturing and finish.
I have also had generally good results with Ed Brown parts but have not used one of their magwells.
Much appreciated!

DonTejano

Fanatic
Just butting in, Dawson Precision has their "Ice" magwell, I think it fits in IDPA box, not sure which game your thinking about but I just put a Fusion Firearm rear mainspring housing and magwell on my Bul Armory 1911, it's the small magwell, both made out of aluminum, fits in box and makes weight, can't be over 43 ounces with empty mag, IDPA I'm referring to
Good to know! Thanks for the input.

Latest posts