Howa M1500 w/ wicked scope

Bonobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Got this in my trade today, and holy cow is it AWESOME.

Chambered in 30-06, has more recoil than I expected for sure. Shoulder is sore haha.

Love it.

Attachments

• WP_000061.jpg
    WP_000061.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 77

taymoor

Skilled Lover
one of the most versatile cartridges ever made... Good for you!

Now you need to find a longer range to shoot it on

Bonobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks!

JP, I think you may have seen it before ;).

Shot 180gr Federal today, followed by 150gr, and surprisingly the 150gr was more accurate. Probably just me getting used to it though.

imacgyver

Founding Member
That rifle is dead sexy and looks very familiar!! Spiff, that scope should be really familiar. Ballistic calculators come in handy and once you zero the scope at your desired range.

"You will also like the resettable, low profile, windage and elevation Target Knobs (with dust covers). Hawke is famous for the "repeatability" of their scope settings... So these target knobs can actually be used to "dial-in" and then dial back to your original zero"

Bonobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Every barrel is different, but overall, the 165-168 grain bullets are typically the most accurate in the 06.
Nice buy!

Oh really? Just the typical sweetspot? Good to know. I'll be practicing with 150gr I think just to get the feel of the rifle for a while. Then I'll move up to 180gr when I feel comfortable.

Side note: This was a bowl full of sand at 100 yards. Had to improvise since there were no formal targets. Used to be a full bowl. 1 shot decimated it. I think I'm in love haha

Attachments

• V__E940.jpg
    V__E940.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 23

0hm

Fanatic
i am quite partial to my HOWA m1500. however, i need to part with it to start another build. (a collector, i must buy. but a poor man, i must sell)

i will be posting the particulars in the marketplace soon.

Latest posts