How to tell if an EoTech Magnifier is Fake?

gmar

Well-Known Fanatic
I've read EoTech's website and the PDF they have posted on how to tell the difference between a real and fake but they don't mention anything about their magnifiers. I have one I bought one off a member of OSA and found out the mount was a fake and now I want to determine if the magnifier is a fake as well. If the mount was a fake, I'm sure the magnifier is as well but I would like to know for sure. Does anyone know how to tell? I sent an email to EoTech but I never heard anything back, so any help would be appreciated.

Here's a picture of it:

photo-2.jpg

gmar

Well-Known Fanatic
Well, here's the info I received back from EoTech. Hopefully this will help someone out in the future.

Here's EoTech's email:

Hello,

By the mount… if the mount has any potting on it or any phillips head screws the magnifier and mount are a fake. Like a Rolex watch, you may not be able to tell a fake from a real one until you open it or have an expert examine it. If the mount is fake, presume the scope is fake too. On the EOTech sight itself it is easy to tell… they all turn green when you hit the nv button if they work at all.

sincerely,

Mike Kroll

Customer Service Manager

L-3 EOTech

1201 E Ellsworth Rd

Ann Arbor Mi 48108

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
What is he talking about when he states that "if the mount has any potting on it"?

Is he talking about potting compound or epoxy?

Latest posts