How to carry rifle with a sling during match

cajunautoxer

Well-Known Fanatic
So I see that I'll need to sling my rifle at Fallen Brethren next week. I've never shot a match that I had to use a sling. So I have a 2 point sling and was wondering how should I carry the rifle. I'm pretty sure rifle won't be loaded but do I have to carry muzzle or down behind my back?

depend on how far and how fast you need to run. a lot of guys just sling it over their neck.when a long gun is slung, its just a stick on your back, it shouldnt matter what way the muzzles pointed.

dont think tactical, think 3gun. think fast and safe.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
mike cyrwus said:
depend on how far and how fast you need to run. a lot of guys just sling it over their neck.when a long gun is slung, its just a stick on your back, it shouldnt matter what way the muzzles pointed.

dont think tactical, think 3gun. think fast and safe.
What he said.

James Peel

Well-Known Fanatic
I carry mine on my back, muzzle up at my strong side. When I get to the transition, I pull the tab on the strap with my left hand while grabbing the rifle with my right, and bring the rifle over my shoulder. It's not the prettiest motion but it keeps the rifle and sling from catching on anything on the belt which happens every time I try and bring the rifle into position from waist level.

Latest posts