How the media views CCW license holders

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
Most of the ccw holder were brand new to guns! I like the senario, I don't like their conclusions.

This is more of a mass shooting, ccw is mostly for personal defense.

foghorn918

Consistently Inconsistent
Well, the shooter coming in the door already knew who had the gun, so I don't think it was a very valid example.

And the students looked like they were seated in approximately the same place. The shooter didn't go after everyone either, after the initial assault he went to find the student with the gun.

B

Beau

This is totally one sided. And look at how long that shirt is and the retention on the holster. Of course they would hav a hard time getting the gun out with gloves on. None of them even try to really pull the shirt up to get to the gun either.

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
I say we set up one of our own senarios where there are one or more ccws that the shooter doesn't know the location of. Maybe finsih with one where every "victim" is armed! Lol

Jackary

Well-Known Fanatic
Thats why you train and how many people do you say hey do you have a gun on you right now i do

dennishoddy

It was obviously a set up program by the folks in the media.
Isn't Diane Sawyer the same person that had a look of disgust on her face when she reported on the "rich" paying their fair share? Doesn't she make like 88 million a year?
Don't know, just rambling here.

Adam Striegel

Well-Known Fanatic
Well, the shooter coming in the door already knew who had the gun, so I don't think it was a very valid example.

That's the first thing that came into my mind too.. Looks like the shooter targets the "teacher" first, then immediately goes for the student with the gun. I'd like to see that run again where the shooter doesn't know which student has the gun and see if the results are the same.

Adam Striegel

Well-Known Fanatic
They should have had one of the other students act as the shooter. That would have been a lot more realistic and probably wouldn't have gone for the slant they wanted.

Dux-R-Us

Fear the Duck
conclusions only valid for that group of students and scenario. Conclusions cannot be extrapolated beyond the results for that cohort. The scenario was planned to ensure that particular result. Basically a propaganda tool.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
While I do practice with my CCW probably not enough same with my other gear the scenario was a touch canted to the direction of making CCW's look a touch stupid and I'm going to say this and flame me if you wish, I'm going to say that 90% of the folks with thier CCW would probably end up the same way as those scenarios. The matches at Heartland while I don't go they push CCW gear and the video above is a good reason they push the CCW gear, people need to train and practice cause if you don't then how are you going to become proficent in that skill set? a marathon runner can't just sit on thier ass watching TV then get up and go run a 10 mile race and expect to place anywhere in the top! when the shooting starts do you want to finish in the top?

We all like to say that we would do better BUT how do you know? yes in the video the person coming thru the door has thier weapon drawn and I'm sure knows where the person is sitting with thier weapon that is the canted portion and the person that comes thru the door has a clue how to handle a weapon. I would like to see a place to do the same sort of training here that way people could actually go thru kinda sorta real life experiences. The part that bothered me more than anything was the fact the first kid talking about the fact he had a gun with the chick next to him. Folks you have to be realistic sometimes, just cause someone has a CCW and is in a classroom or store on the corner when someone comes in shooting and the **** hits the fan can you really say what the outcome is going to be? Later,

Kirk

okshooter26

Well-Known Fanatic
HAHA so many problems with this film. These was only one person that had a weapon other than the active shooter. there are around 160,000 people in Oklahoma with concealled carry permits I think we would more than likely be more than one person carrying a weapon. Another problem is that the active shooter was aware of the only person who was carrying and speciffically targeted them. which is not plausable in a real life scenario. They also assume in the expirement that anyone who is carrying a concealled weapon is as clumbsy and untrained as the people carrying the weapon concealled in the video. They also assume that an active shooter is as well trained as as the firearms instructor. As far the gun getting caught up in the shirt, most of us carry in a certain way and pick clothing specifically for how we care carrying and some even sometimes designed for this purpose. many also practice the easiest way to draw and get on target quickly. Also how many people use full size glocks for their concealled weapon. this film had way to many variables and odds obviously stacked to produce their desired results. The biggest problem though is that they criticised concealled carry as being ineffective yet never offered another way to stop an active shooter or avoid him/her other than running around like a chicken with its head cut off , jumping out of a window ( if there is even one available in the room they are in ) and calling the police.Which will arrive in time to stop the shooter after they have been killing everyone they can for at least 4-5 minutes.

Latest posts