Votes: 1 3.1%
  • I am new to shooting and just getting started

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't have time to shoot because I am posting on the internet

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters

Corey

Well-Known Fanatic
When I look at the guys that post on boomershooter I would say 80% or more shoot at least monthly, either practice or matches. Just thought I would set up a poll.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
probably could've worded the thread title a little differently

Corey

Well-Known Fanatic
Wall if you can correct the title feel free, I had to use the old desk top and it kept popping up windows prompting me to update every time I turned around, I just realized my spelling errors.

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
Duffer here. Two matches a month.... shot more in OKC.... but just dont have the time to drive all over Nevada and Norcal to chase USPSA.

Like a huge segment of the customer base....for me, IDPA is a structured practice session. I do carry daily ( about 34 years now...paid and civilian)and have done some instructional work.
Not too many years ago , I was a fair club level skeet shooter. Wore out a knee and back, so I dont hunt as much as I like... still wack a coyote or two every year.

In addition.... been tinkering with 1911's, Colt single actions and gun restoration since a lot of you kids were leaving mustard in your pants. Looking for a lathe and mill, 1911 work and general gunsmith work will be my semi retirement job in a couple of years.

Proud to say I learn something new every day.

I sense some derision in the way you use the word duffer in your poll. For every major leaguer, there are 10,000 guys in C league slow pitch. And its that way in every sport.
You may want to keep that in mind...for every Leatham there are 1,000 duffers buying the primers powder and guns....and services.

Bob Sanders

Well-Known Fanatic
2 to 3 times a month. Priority is 3 gun, USPSA, then Steel Challenge. Then there is trap now and again. Like sporting clays, but seems shotgun games are kinda pricey

Corey

Well-Known Fanatic
Maybe I put to much stock in TDSA. IMO people show up to OKC gun club shoot some matches may do well may shoot horrible but they have fun then they attend a TDSA class or equivalent practice up and do really well. Majority of shooters that have come out of TDSA I would not classify as a duffer. I see duffer as a derogatory term.

mikey80

Negative Approach
My sponsor requires I shoot two locals or one Level II a month. It's really stressful for a duffer like me.

Latest posts