How long until you DQ'd?

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
So I earned my 1st DQ yesterday at a local 3gun match. Was doing a reshoot on a short stage that was fired from a seated position with a loaded table start. grabbed my pistol, and didn't get a good grip which allowed my finger to hit the trigger. Fired a shot when the gun was a few inches off of the table. RO stopped me a there was no arguing it, since it was a good call by him. The round did impact the berm in a safe direction. Didn't get video of it unfortunately. Need to practice those table starts more.

After talking to some friends about it, many were surprised it took me so long to get a DQ. I've been shooting USPSA and 3gun matches for 3 years. I shoot at least 2 matches a month. If I'm getting ready for a bigger match, I may shoot a match or 2 a week. I've easily done 120+ matches including the smaller local ones.

How long did you guys make it before being DQ'd at a match?

Mine took about 2 years. That day I took my friend to his first ever uspsa match. He went through new shooter orientation. When he came back, he asked if I'd ever been dq'd. I said "nope"
Well, until later that day

dennishoddy

No DQ's to date after several years, but I've been told by several RO's that it was close. Always the 180. Had do back up a step on a couple of occasions before putting the gun on the target.

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
Jared Carpenter said:
Um....that's not a good thing.
Maybe I should rephrase that. Not that I am a wild shooter, just that I was able to go so long without making a bone headed mistake when they couldn't. I've DQ'd 4 people as an RO, 3 of them were freinds. 2 for 180, and 1 for dropped gun. Most of my friends didn't make it 6 months before there 1st DQ, But that was because they pushed themselves beyond there abilities.

hunter_dmw12

Well-Known Fanatic
it took me 2 years to earn mine. i got it at USPSA area 3 going through a door. Opened it with my left hand with gun it the right hand and flashed my finger tips. The best part of getting a DQ is you will never do it again. I have been told that if you shot long enough it WILL happen. After i got mine i stuck around and helped reset targets, you cant imagine how many people from GM to D class have taken a DQ and they are more than willing to share how they got it. If you have never taken a DQ and get one be a good sport about it and dont argue if it legit. The ROs are just trying to keep you and everyone else safe, and stick around and help your squad out.

RigPig

Well-Known Fanatic
Mine was the very first match I'd ever been to, at the 2012 Zombies in the Heartland. Broke 180 on the 2nd array of my first stage. That was an expensive lesson that I should have attended a few local matches first. I stuck around the rest of the weekend and reset stages and watched the more experienced shooters. It was definitely a learning experience. Hundreds of local matches and a dozen majors later, that's been my only match DQ.

jeffhughes

Well-Known Fanatic
One DQ for me, one for the kid.

As an RO with about 2000 shooters under my belt in major matches, 5 sent home. 1 pro, 4 others.

wgm2011

Well-Known Fanatic
No DQ's so far. But then I've only been shooting USPSA since 1985.

I did have a brain fart one day and felt I should have been DQ'd and advised the RM. Without a witness he decided no DQ however I felt I earned it and put up my gun for the match.

Brandon Deem

Well-Known Fanatic
Took my first trip to DQ country yesterday.

Aggravated because I timed out on the stage, actually hitting the 75 yard slug steel a fraction after the buzzer. Went to unload the shotgun, counted the rounds wrong and didn't see the last one go into the chamber, was also confused why the bolt didn't lock back. I had several malfunctions with it earlier in the day and figured it was just another. Thought well the bolt will lock back if the hammer is down. ( of course all this thinking was in a fraction of a second) Click the trigger and BANG! Slug through the wall of the shoot house where it met the ceiling. $100 fine for shooting the structure and match DQ. Full ND, no A about it. Luckily no one got hurt and it was the last stage of the match. 4th match to ever shoot.

I put a hole above the tire.
ec4f2877ce46b024c877d8136be329ae.jpg

Always always check the chamber before you pull the trigger. Thankfully nobody got hurt. I'm sure new britches were in good order

02Fatboy

Well-Known Fanatic
Brandon Deem said:
Took my first trip to DQ country yesterday.

Aggravated because I timed out on the stage, actually hitting the 75 yard slug steel a fraction after the buzzer. Went to unload the shotgun, counted the rounds wrong and didn't see the last one go into the chamber, was also confused why the bolt didn't lock back. I had several malfunctions with it earlier in the day and figured it was just another. Thought well the bolt will lock back if the hammer is down. ( of course all this thinking was in a fraction of a second) Click the trigger and BANG! Slug through the wall of the shoot house where it met the ceiling. $100 fine for shooting the structure and match DQ. Full ND, no A about it. Luckily no one got hurt and it was the last stage of the match. 4th match to ever shoot.

I put a hole above the tire.
ec4f2877ce46b024c877d8136be329ae.jpg
100 bucks and DQ'ed that sucks.

Latest posts