How long do you need to be able to edit your posts?

How long do you need to edit your posts?

• 1 hour

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • 2 hours

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • 4 hours

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • 8 hours

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 day

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • 2 days

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Infinite

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

JRSherman

Well-Known Fanatic
So what if something happens that you feel the need to go back and remove some content? What if you have a bad experience with someone, say so, then it changes a few weeks down the road. . .

Also, what if something you post becomes a search grabber when you don't want it to? I still think there are things that everyone posts that they'd just rather remove sometimes.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
So what if something happens that you feel the need to go back and remove some content? What if you have a bad experience with someone, say so, then it changes a few weeks down the road. . .

Also, what if something you post becomes a search grabber when you don't want it to? I still think there are things that everyone posts that they'd just rather remove sometimes.

You can PM us and ask for anything to be changed or deleted. We are here to make the forum better for you not ban you and tell you that we know more about guns than you do. Those kinda forums and moderators drive me nuts.

JRSherman

Well-Known Fanatic
I know that Jesse, but if the site grows bigger like we all hope for you guys, I'd rather be like I normally try to be and take some personal initiative to take care of my own stuff. Even if it is just on the interwebz.

ChickenGlock

Well-Known Fanatic

what would happen I would need to remove content? If something significant later I would ask a mod or admin to edit or delete it for me. If I have a bad experience and it turns good it was still initially bad and this will be known and not have changed. I might add later quoting original post that it was rectified.

If you have a doubt don't post it..my name and personal cell number have been posted on many forums and tons of personal info is out there whether you want it or not.

Is there truly a need in the ability to edit your post 24 hours after you posted it?

Moderate yourself and you won't need to worry much about anything else.

stroker-c10

Well-Known Fanatic
I say leave it up to the moderators. They seem to be doing a fine job with the site thus for. Although I like being able to go back and add information or update classified threads.

Redline

Well-Known Fanatic
I vote 2 hours I don't really have any issue with the not being able to edit thing, and also like to search the old posts to see what the going prices and trends are.

Dr. HK

Active Fanatic
How about when you post an item for sale you can modify the initial area for say a week. This will be the are where you describe what you have for sale and any details. The subsequent replies you are unable to change those and that is where you would have to name your price. The post cannot be deleted with the exception of the mods. This way you can still have the price for references.

HMFIC

Fanatic
I voted two days just because that seems to be the norm. I don't really care what it is as long as we know. Sometimes I'm a little fast with my typing and hitting the reply button or I think of another thing I wanted to add later and it's just easier to edit rather than try and post again, but at the end of the day, it's not a big deal.

On classifieds, I do like to be able to edit my "bump" posts when there is nothing to add just to keep the clutter down but again, it's not really that important as long as it's know what the rules are.

Latest posts