How far will you travel for a monthly 3gun?

Sundance74

Well-Known Fanatic
It looks like we may start having a monthly match starting in the late fall. We're planning on a two day (sat & sun) 5-6 stage natural terrain style match, same stages both days but scored as separate matches that way you can shoot whichever day fits into your schedule or shoot both days if you really need a fix. We'll have one long range rifle stage out to around 600yds and a 30+ round shotgun stage every match as well as the ability to go 200+ yds on most stages. This isn't going to be one of those "brake drums hanging in trees" matches, we'll be using the same steel and props you'll see at other matches. We'll be using electronic scoring in order to have the results available as soon as the match is finished.

Now here's my question, the match location is approximately 2hrs from OKC, Tulsa, Dallas, or Ft. Smith in Coal County Ok., how many of you would consider making the trek?

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
I would do it. Not sure how regularly, but if this is a monthly thing then a few to several times per year. I got kids.

Sundance74

Well-Known Fanatic
Rick, this'll be down on our farm about 12 miles north of Coalgate on Hwy 75 and east about 5 miles.

Micheal J, I imagine I could scrounge up something just for you. Right now it's looking like the first weekend will be match weekend.

I forgot to mention that we'll be running this as a 2 or 3 gun match so for those that don't have a shotgun or don't want to shoot it they can still play. The only clay targets I foresee using will be arials or as rifle targets.

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
Well Hell. I live just off HWY 75, all be it is 2.25 hours north of Tulsa. Bought momma a nissan, so sure, if I am off I could drive down from time to time. Or I could pretend I am on SOA and strap everything to my Harley.

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
I don't live near your range. BUt that said, I regularly drive 1 1/2 to 2 hours one way for 3gun matches. Luckily I have a club 10 minutes from me that does USPSA, but for good 3gun matches I drive 2 hours. There are matches closer (30-45 minutes), but to me it's worth it to travel to the batter rangesfor a match. Universal Shooting Academy in Frostproof, FL is 1 hr 45 minutes drive, but is well worth it.

Sundance74

Well-Known Fanatic
Ok, I'm curious too! I know there was a match in June that I almost went to.

Thank's for the replies everyone. I figured I could count on most of y'all to show at least once lol.

Adam, bring the whole family any time you want. We want this to be a fun match that everybody can shoot, challenging for all skill levels, and family friendly. And, the roads are good enough to ride your scooter too, you can park it at the house and throw your gear in the truck and use the AC.

Jeremy, you better be in or we WILL be shooting brake drums in trees!!

Latest posts