how do I smooth my Stag modle 3 AR trigger?

Dux-R-Us

Fear the Duck
I installed the JP yellow springs to my AR's factory trigger. That has made a world of difference. The trigger is light enough now I can shoot 1" to 3/4" groups at 50 yards with the Eotech sight (from bench rest of course).

However, the trigger is still very rough and scratchy. What can I do or who can help me with this next improvement? My comfort level of being my own gunsmith is at a pretty low level. It was a major accomplishment for me to put the springs in.

thanks

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
Polish the sear engagement surfaces. The hammer and trigger will have to be removed. One surface is at the bottom of the hammer in a groove, the other is the front nose of the trigger. Take the upper off and you can look right down into the lower to where they mate up. Use high-grit paper. Not some bullshit woodworking high grit like 320. Use 800-1200 grit.

Dux-R-Us

Fear the Duck
Mitch Gibson said:
Polish the sear engagement surfaces. The hammer and trigger will have to be removed. One surface is at the bottom of the hammer in a groove, the other is the front nose of the trigger. Take the upper off and you can look right down into the lower to where they mate up. Use high-grit paper. Not some bullshit woodworking high grit like 320. Use 800-1200 grit.
Sounds straight forward. A diagram of the parts would really be helpful. Thanks.

Dux-R-Us

Fear the Duck
G Tinney said:
Step by step how to guide for smoothing out an AR 15 trigger.

1. Buy AR Gold trigger
2. Install AR Gold trigger
3. BAM smooth trigger
besides advice, do you offer grants in aid of shooting??? I would have by-passed the whole JP spring thing if I had rhino to do so.
I need real advice and more specific instructions besides, "polishing"

Latest posts