How do I know which matches have classifiers?

cowzrul

Fanatic
I shot a match in 2010 and got my USPSA card when I signed up but haven't shot a match since. I committed to starting again this year since I just turned 50 and I'm not getting younger. So I need to get classified. Does every match have a classifier? How many do I have to shoot to get a class?

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
cowzrul said:
I shot a match in 2010 and got my USPSA card when I signed up but haven't shot a match since. I committed to starting again this year since I just turned 50 and I'm not getting younger. So I need to get classified. Does every match have a classifier? How many do I have to shoot to get a class?
Each USPSA match will have at least 1 classifier. I don't remeber how many you have to have for your initial classification, but I think it is 6

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
cowzrul said:
just about every local or monthly match has a classifier.

from the USPSA rulebook:
"To receive an initial classification, a member needs to have at least four unduplicated scores in the USPSA classification database prior to the monthly reclassification procedure. If there are more than four scores on file, the best four scores of the most recent six scores will be used. Scores are sorted according to the match date to determine which scores are the most recent."

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Wall said:
just about every local or monthly match has a classifier.

from the USPSA rulebook:
"To receive an initial classification, a member needs to have at least four unduplicated scores in the USPSA classification database prior to the monthly reclassification procedure. If there are more than four scores on file, the best four scores of the most recent six scores will be used. Scores are sorted according to the match date to determine which scores are the most recent."
Like I said, 4.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

wav3rhythm

Well-Known Fanatic
cowzrul said:
Not sure where you live, but here in Michigan most places do not have classifiers at their normal club matches. Occasionally they'll do an all classifier match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Josh Cobb said:
Not sure where you live, but here in Michigan most places do not have classifiers at their normal club matches. Occasionally they'll do an all classifier match.

Wtf?

cowzrul

Fanatic
Josh Cobb said:
Looks like I'm fortunate to live in Oklahoma.

Gramps

Well-Known Fanatic
Josh Cobb said:

Same thing here at my local club. No classifiers at the monthly but they do about 2 special classifiers matches per year. However, the other 6? clubs in the greater Houston area have monthly classifiers.

LuckyDucky

Well-Known Fanatic
Josh Cobb said:
That's why I'm moving back!

458.gif