How about an ATI

carnieken

Fanatic
Here's my nothing fancy ATI M1911 Military with cmc trigger & slide stop, polished feed ramp, I got it used for a good price.... I'm checking with machine shops to get the slide milled for aftermarket sights....
And my GF liked it a lot better then her S&W SD 9 so she bought her own...3896

Last edited:

carnieken

Fanatic
Yeah, I was surprised at how tight these were, no rough tooling marks that I could see, the sights aint the best, the finish is a little thin, but hey those things can be easily addressed....

thewoods868

Fanatic
About three years ago I bought a ATI Thunderbird on clearance at Rural King. I thought it was a great deal for $395. And I was right it's one of the most accurate guns I've ever owned.

FDPDED

New Fanatic
I also bought one, the idea of a less expensive carry piece that I don't mind getting scuffed and marked up... thankfully my policy of shoot it before you carry it gave me the opportunity to learn that it only shoots ball ammo. any SD round didn't feed properly. but with about 40 mins of carefull filing, I was able to clean up the feed ramp and now it feeds anything I put in it. for the price, it functions as well as my high end 1911s after the minor alteration.

carnieken

Fanatic
Enjoy! Is that in 45 ACP? Reloading next. Then comp shooting. Gotta have a backup. And so on, and so forth.
Yep 45 ACP, mine already had the feedramp cleaned up, so it fed HP's no problem, & I cleaned up m GF's so it feeds HP's no problem too...