Hornady Steel Match .223 ammo any good?

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
Have a friend trying to sell me some of this ammo. he has a couple thousand rounds of the .223 55gr HPBT steel cased ammo. He is switching over to .308 and shooting Heavy Optics so he doesn't need the .223 ammo anymore. He used to work at a gun shop and got it cheap, and is willing to sell it to me for what he paid.

Has anyone shot the stuff before? Is it any good? The price he is offering me is way below what I could get it anywhere else.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
I haven't used it, but being Hornady, I'm sure it's quality ammo.
The only issue you may run into is switching from steel cased to brass sometimes causes jams if not cleaned in between.

Tuflehundon

Cyrwus Says I'm Cool
Matt Rigsby said:
I haven't used it, but being Hornady, I'm sure it's quality ammo.
The only issue you may run into is switching from steel cased to brass sometimes causes jams if not cleaned in between.
I'm pretty OCD about cleaning my guns and don't mix ammo generally so that shouldn't be an issue. I know with Tula is you shoot a lot you need to clean the chamber before firing brass again. I assume this would be the same way.

Spiff

Semi-Pro
I shot the 75gr stuff for LR ammo for a season. It was good stuff. Don't mix it and brass or it might be hard on your stage.

Latest posts