Holster when using gas pedal?

rmuller

Well-Known Fanatic
STI 5" with tac rail and gas pedal

What is out there for holsters. I was thinking of trying out the Bladetech double retention, primary use is 3gun, and modifying it but am not sure it is possible.

I know gas pedals are used, so there has to be somethign that works...

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I just took delivery of my open gun. After shooting 200 rounds thru it seeing how super flat it is I thought a gas pedal would kill muzzle flip completely. Then I thought about holster options. I don't see how you could get one in a regular kydex holster. I'm not gonna mess around with a race holster. I'll be curious what you find out. I was also thinking about putting a slide racker on my 3 gun pistol for those empty chamber starts as well as for protection of the thumb safety when grounding the gun.

rmuller

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm thinking i can always go the homemade kydex route, and am definitely not interested in a race holster for 3Gun. I will let you know if i find something that works. I'm hoping i can just find a standard holster and mill out the inside to accomodate for the pedal. If all else fails it can be removed with 4 screws.

I'm also considering the slide racker for those same reasons. Having always used a striker fired gun I'm too used to just throwing it in the drop box.

jtischauser

Yeah the slide racker on my open gun works great for a kick stand as well keeping the safety way off the deck.

What gas pedal r u running. Got any pics?

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
I have a Center of Mass kydex for my Open Gun - it was reccomended for 3 gun I can take some pics of my gun in it later if ya'll want

Feegee

The Magic Man
I have a Center of Mass kydex for my Open Gun - it was reccomended for 3 gun I can take some pics of my gun in it later if ya'll want

Yea I want to see your set up.

rmuller

Well-Known Fanatic

Attachments

• 2011 finished no sights.jpg
    2011 finished no sights.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 2011 gas pedal rear.jpg
    2011 gas pedal rear.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 2011 gas pedal.jpg
    2011 gas pedal.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 3

rmuller

Well-Known Fanatic
right at 2.0 lbs. I was scared to go any lower for 3G and wanted to keep it reliable at the same time.

where are the pics of this new open gun of yours?

jtischauser

I only have this crappy one. I need to take some more. I thought the RMR glass FOV might be kinda small but it's fine since the dot never leaves the glass. It's basically a steel challenge 9mm minor gun. It's so damn fast! I can double tap the plates on my plate rack before they fall. That open Glock 17 of mine was just stupid after shooting this.

rmuller

Well-Known Fanatic
yeah that looks pissed off! I realize i'm crashing my own thread, but who did the build?

And yes, take pictures!! I came up with my ideas from looking at 100's of pictures, trying out different custom guns from the pros, and even clearing guns while RO'ing matches.

jtischauser

Jared Carpenter said:
Ill have to show u how to adjust white balance and play with the depth of field :p

That thing looks fun JT!

Ryans gun is boss
I think Matt McLearn took that pic with an iPhone 1.

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
yhezuze5.jpg
yhaqupar.jpg

Latest posts