Holster for Wilson EDC x9

marinedoc

Well-Known Fanatic
If anyone has a suggestion for a good kydex holster for AIWB for their Wilson EDC x9 I would appreciate the name of the maker. There are several leather holsters that the maker will make on a custom order for Appendix carry, but most of the Kydex manufacturers seem to be concentrating on the mass market which is mainly Glock, Springfield and a plethora of striker fired guns. I have a good OWB leather holster that I've had for another 4" 1911 that is great, but I would like to carry this Wilson AIWB. Thanks for any help with this.

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
Here is an IWB/Kydex that I picked up at the local gun shop. The different sizes are pre-packaged, then, the heat and form to gun, and trim the pad. There were a bunch of sizes available. If it looks like it might work, I will stop by there tomorrow and get you the particulars. This one was cut for a Kimber ultra carry II, but it handles this Dan Wesson Vigil well.

Attachments

• IWB 4in.jpg
    IWB 4in.jpg
    536.4 KB · Views: 16

marinedoc

Well-Known Fanatic
Thanks, it looks perfect. In talking to the various manufacturers, the reason they don't make for a lot of different guns is that they don't get the precision they want from a blue gun and prefer using the actual gun to mfg the holster and either buy the gun themselves or depend on the company to send them a gun to use as the mold, or in many cases they say they borrow from a friend. I would appreciate any information that you could send.

Mike D

Well-Known Fanatic
Here you go.
Looks like they should be able to fit just about anything out there. Good luck.
BTW, how long did it take to get your X9 ?? I oprdered on Feb. 14th., it was kitted on March 5th., still waiting :(

marinedoc

Well-Known Fanatic
Just gave them a call and he said he wasn't comfortable making one without actually having the gun to make the holster around. Told me to give him a call in a couple of weeks and in the meantime he may come up with something. Thanks anyway. I'll just have to keep trying.

marinedoc

Well-Known Fanatic
Second part. I got mine immediately by ordering from Bud's. This was about 5 months ago when the gun was pretty new. It's pretty popular now so I would guess Wilson is backordered. He's been advertising it a lot and it got a lot of positive reviews in the gun mags.

USMC2147

New Fanatic
Crossbreed has one, you can choose with or without the rail. It's their freedom carry holster.

Liggett

Well-Known Fanatic
I had the opportunity to shoot an EDC X-9 for the first time a couple weeks ago at our yearly IDPA New Shooters clinic. Fine pistol! I don't remember the fellows name but he was carrying it in an IWB Kydex holster. I can ask our MD to find his name and put you in touch if you haven't found anything yet.
Let me know.

tomrkba

Well-Known Fanatic
WC EDC 9 is basically a 1911 is it not?

Leather AIWB

SME with wing

TT Gunleather but no wing

Old School Summer Special with single loop (go with smooth side out)

JRC AIWB. Includes built-in claw. I would get this.

I would try a Summer Special and JRC. The JRC will tuck in the gun's grip due to the claw. The SME will do the same.

As always, JM Custom Kydex AIWB 2.5 will work too. Add a wedge and full sweat shield (trust me on these options). The only decision is Pull the Dot loop placement. I have both close and split loop. The close loops allow you to adjust the angle a bit better. You can make the wide loop work.

Don't forget Keepers Concealment's "The Keeper"!