holster for 1911 3.5" barrel

Trek

Fanatic
I shoot right handed and looking for cross draw holster believing it would be easier to draw from while in my vehicle.
Any suggestions?

jennflip

Well-Known Fanatic
Try Bam Bam Holsters---great shoulder and holsters--I have a cross draw for a FS 1911--conceals under a T shirt

RickOShay

Well-Known Fanatic
I shoot right handed and looking for cross draw holster believing it would be easier to draw from while in my vehicle.
Any suggestions?
I just recently bought a kydex holster from Red River Tactical in Georgia. I spoke to Ray, and told him what I wanted and he gave me some advice, and worked out a reverse draw holster that I wear in the 5:00 position on my strong side. Ray is knowledgeable, and takes pride in his work, which is very reasonable. Couldn't be happier with the holster.

terdog

Well-Known Fanatic
How about a gun magnet on your dash?
Couldn't be much easier to grab then that :)

tomrkba

Well-Known Fanatic
Don't go with a crossdraw holster because it is a hardware solution to a software problem. Learn effective draw technique in a car instead.

RickOShay

Well-Known Fanatic
Don't go with a crossdraw holster because it is a hardware solution to a software problem. Learn effective draw technique in a car instead.
I'm not sure it's a software problem. Cross draws are very fast, they
I disagree with your opinion about cross draw holsters. The main issue is the design. I haven't been able to find a decent cross draw holster, but I do believe it's a great draw, and, depending on what kind of a seat your car has, it could be more intuitive a draw then a conventional holster. Years ago I carried a cross draw for Colt Trooper (dating myself) and loved it. That was many, many holsters and guns ago, but I still look for a good cross draw. I'm more open minded to Kydex holsters now, so I wouldn't hesitate to talk to a holster manufacturer who could deliver on a design we both agree on. I still think Red River Tactical would be worth a try.

Latest posts