Holosun 507C-X2 with ACSS® Vulcan® Reticle

barnetmill

Well-Known Fanatic
Yeah well, that's just like your opinion man. Sounds poor.

Just how many years have you been using slide mounted optics and RMRs and also Holosuns.
I purchased my first RMR in 2010 from Gabe Suarez's 'Suarez International' (SI) that he owned then. He was the first one to popularize slide mounted optics for the american shooting public. Within a year that RMR failed and I still have it somewhere. $500 down the drain.
So that is going on 14 years for me in experience. RMRs have gotten more reliable, but they have proved to be less reliable than Holosuns. Gabe Suarez no longer owns SI and so has no monetary interest in selling optics. Even recently he has had multiple RMRs fail under conditions of storage in vehicles while going to the range for training classes, he is now 100 % in favor of the Holosun. Perhaps the new version of the RMR I think it is $800 has improved, but for $300 for a holosun that has proved itself-well I have made my choice. I only suggest that one chose wisely.
My last optic, a holosun EPS was mounted on a glock 22 slide by the new owners of SI. It cost me $300 dollars for them sell and mount it on a milled OEM slide that they sold me. It was very good deal for me.

Just how do you come off saying that my choice was poor. Have you used the holosun and compared it to the RMR. Just how many years have you been using the RMR?

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
Just how many years have you been using slide mounted optics and RMRs and also Holosuns.
I purchased my first RMR in 2010 from Gabe Suarez's 'Suarez International' (SI) that he owned then. He was the first one to popularize slide mounted optics for the american shooting public. Within a year that RMR failed and I still have it somewhere. $500 down the drain.
So that is going on 14 years for me in experience. RMRs have gotten more reliable, but they have proved to be less reliable than Holosuns. Gabe Suarez no longer owns SI and so has no monetary interest in selling optics. Even recently he has had multiple RMRs fail under conditions of storage in vehicles while going to the range for training classes, he is now 100 % in favor of the Holosun. Perhaps the new version of the RMR I think it is $800 has improved, but for $300 for a holosun that has proved itself-well I have made my choice. I only suggest that one chose wisely.
My last optic, a holosun EPS was mounted on a glock 22 slide by the new owners of SI. It cost me $300 dollars for them sell and mount it on a milled OEM slide that they sold me. It was very good deal for me.

Just how do you come off saying that my choice was poor. Have you used the holosun and compared it to the RMR. Just how many years have you been using the RMR?

That's a lot of words for not saying much.

To answer the question you asked more than once, sometimes with a question mark and sometimes with an odd period at the end that really doesn't make it question. But I digress, my first slide mounted red dot was in 2012 and it was a type 1 RMR, not even the updated type 2, I have two of those on pistols now. I still have it, on a 2011 9mm used for 3 gun and steel challenge. Yeah yeah back before it was cool but you don't hear me bragging about it. I have three slide mounted rmr's and two horosurns on pistols. I don't assume anything. You made the comment, I replied. Write a novel to somebody who cares.

Why say lot word when few word do trick?

Rmr good. Horosurn not so good.

barnetmill

Well-Known Fanatic
That's a lot of words for not saying much.

To answer the question you asked more than once, sometimes with a question mark and sometimes with an odd period at the end that really doesn't make it question. But I digress, my first slide mounted red dot was in 2012 and it was a type 1 RMR, not even the updated type 2, I have two of those on pistols now. I still have it, on a 2011 9mm used for 3 gun and steel challenge. Yeah yeah back before it was cool but you don't hear me bragging about it. I have three slide mounted rmr's and two horosurns on pistols. I don't assume anything. You made the comment, I replied. Write a novel to somebody who cares.

Why say lot word when few word do trick?

Rmr good. Horosurn not so good.
Short: Have your holosuns failed? Why is my choice poor. Just facts.

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
Short: Have your holosuns failed? Why is my choice poor. Just facts.

No my horrosurns haven't failed. Neither have my rmrs. And that's the facts jack.

Speaking of "poor" decisions, acting like Gabe "the workers comp fraudster / almost active shooter / second coming of christo" Suarez is somebody good to be associate with is whack jack. The guy killed a couple people, a couple dogs and started a cheesedick training company. Just because he's one of the first doesn't mean he's one of the best, or even good, or even worth mentioning. Firearms personalities are some of the weirdest egos and their cultish followers are an embarrassment to real cults. To say he invented pistol mounted red dots is like saying John Moses Browning invented gun powder and the shotgun.

"And that's how you do it Suarez style!"

Hiya-cha-cha-cha!

barnetmill

Well-Known Fanatic
No my horrosurns haven't failed. Neither have my rmrs. And that's the facts jack.

Speaking of "poor" decisions, acting like Gabe "the workers comp fraudster / almost active shooter / second coming of christo" Suarez is somebody good to be associate with is whack jack. The guy killed a couple people, a couple dogs and started a cheesedick training company. Just because he's one of the first doesn't mean he's one of the best, or even good, or even worth mentioning. Firearms personalities are some of the weirdest egos and their cultish followers are an embarrassment to real cults. To say he invented pistol mounted red dots is like saying John Moses Browning invented gun powder and the shotgun.

"And that's how you do it Suarez style!"

Hiya-cha-cha-cha!
I said: ''He was the first one to popularize slide mounted optics for the american shooting public.'' and I did not say he invented it.
I am satisfied with the service that I got from him and his associates and he is certainly no angel. He and I have not always hit it off in fact he drove me off from posting on WT. But I only care if what is being taught is useful to me.
I am not getting any useful information from you and along with your attitude this is completely a waste of time. You made an assertion about holosun quality and have offered no facts in support of it and you try to be convincing by attacking me and G Suarez.

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
I said: ''He was the first one to popularize slide mounted optics for the american shooting public.'' and I did not say he invented it.
I am satisfied with the service that I got from him and his associates and he is certainly no angel. He and I have not always hit it off in fact he drove me off from posting on WT. But I only care if what is being taught is useful to me.
I am not getting any useful information from you and along with your attitude this is completely a waste of time. You made an assertion about holosun quality and have offered no facts in support of it and you try to be convincing by attacking me and G Suarez.

I am sorry you feel attacked. I truly am. I was unaware a self described "well-known fanatic" was so sensitive to another stranger over some mild ribbing on the world wide web.

In regards to the original discussion and original attack on my SARCASTIC statement, the facts are this: in my experience hororsurn isn't quality. My experience? My opinion? About like a diamond in a goats ass.

Ps. I've never heard of you but I did google Barnet Mill. Now that is something that is "well-known"! (In England, to the locals of that area, and probably only to those who care a bit about history, so I guess it isn't that "well-known" either, harumph!)

Latest posts