Holiday doe season

dennishoddy

Anybody make it out for the holiday doe season? I had work issues, but did get out during the snow flurries on Thursday. Just about froze my azz off, and had my back to the wind, but looked around right at end of shooting time, and saw a buck and three does feeding in the wheat.
the wind was at 20mph, the deer were at 310 yds with range finder. Figured my wind drift and took the shot. I was so focused that I didn't notice the wind had dropped off right at the shot, and hit mud in front of the doe. They ran, and I didn't attempt a follow up shot. They might be back in the am.

Dux-R-Us

Fear the Duck
I got access to a new farm in Pawnee County. On Saturday morning I saw 6 (six) BUCKS all travelling in a line as if they did not have a care in the world. Two were shooters and the lead one had a wonderfully tall rack. I Never saw a doe all week but I saw two of the bucks again.

Like I wrote earlier, Murphy is an S.O.B.

dennishoddy

Dux-R-Us said:
I got access to a new farm in Pawnee County. On Saturday morning I saw 6 (six) BUCKS all travelling in a line as if they did not have a care in the world. Two were shooters and the lead one had a wonderfully tall rack. I Never saw a doe all week but I saw two of the bucks again.

Like I wrote earlier, Murphy is an S.O.B.

Yeah, I went out twice, but only saw bucks other than the one time. The does were hiding from the bucks as they are in the Dec rut.

Latest posts